cvanxr Member 502 Member For: 23y 10m 22d Location: Country NSW Posted 07/02/03 01:33 AM Posted 07/02/03 01:33 AM Lol, my first computer was a Tandy TRS-80 with a whopping 16k RAM and a tape drive. I think my mouse pad has more power than that bloody thing. Yes and I remember typing in thousands of lines of code to make it bring up a block picture. Now I complain when my home cpu doesn't have 512meg of ram or a big enough video card to play new games. :(
Goose 00-XRG / 006-FPV Legacy Donating Member 530 Member For: 23y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 07/02/03 02:43 AM Posted 07/02/03 02:43 AM 1984........ I was 2 years old. haha my first computer was a 286 something or other. It had Leisure Suit Larry in monochrome with only keyboard inputs.
Mals BA XR6T Member 381 Member For: 23y 10m Location: Sydney Posted 07/02/03 03:09 AM Posted 07/02/03 03:09 AM The really cool (term used loosely) kids had calculator watches... I always wanted to be a geek.... anyway I saw a Taxi driver with one the other day....Taxi Driver: "That'll be $18:50 Thanks"Me: *Hand him Cab Charge Card*Taxi Driver: *face 2cm from wrist and muffles* "Hang on a second I'll work out your change"Me: *Groans* I guess he choose woodwork over math's at schoolAnyway, bring back Agro!
XR8Chic vrooom psshhht Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 15d Gender: Female Location: Victoria Posted 07/02/03 03:27 AM Posted 07/02/03 03:27 AM 1984 ??Umm I was 7 years old. I was in year 2 at school. My teacher was Sister Anita. I used to catch the bus too and from school. I was supposed to catch it with my older sister, but she always took the late bus (the one that stopped at the boys school), so my younger sister and I would meet her 2 blocks from my house, so we walked in together, and she wouldnt get in trouble from my parents.My mum had a kingswood, my dad had a range rover (and about 5 falcons)
Guest Phantom Guests Posted 07/02/03 03:53 AM Posted 07/02/03 03:53 AM What year did you start catching the late bus XR8Chic?
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 17d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 08/02/03 01:42 PM Posted 08/02/03 01:42 PM And whatever happened to Marty the Monster, or even The Harry and Ralph Show? Where do kids go today to get that sort of quality - Dorothy the F'ing Dinosaur?? I think not! We were chatting at work the other day. Was quite surprising those of us who were brought up on The Magic Roundabout with Dougal and Zebedee (sp?). And, remember "Why is it so?".<sigh> Simon.....
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 08/02/03 11:04 PM Posted 08/02/03 11:04 PM Anyone remember HR Puffinstuff and little Jimmy....
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Posted 09/02/03 01:17 AM Posted 09/02/03 01:17 AM Heres a thought. It’s called moving on. Life is constantly changing. You say with contempt how lucky the youth of today are, well, just think about the poor kids who had to grow up in the 1940’s with a world of war and desperation. Then you may realise how lucky you were to grow up in the 70’s or 80’s. And even now looking at the youth of today, the world still has its problems. And while some kids are luckier then others to drive a new turbo, has the world ever been entirely equitable. I am sure that this generation will look back in twenty years time and whine about how hard it was, with terrorism, uncertainty in the world and the fact that they had to use textbooks at school, and drive piston engine vehicles on crummy roads. Who knows what the future will hold. Ask your grandparents how hard there lives were, and then you might think differently because you only had an Atari instead of an Xbox. Would you like the world to stop so we can all enjoy the Atari or move on so we can sit here and have discussions over the internet? Appreciate what you had, because I can guarantee some else had less.By the way, like it or hate it, I am only twenty and I do own an Xbox.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now