Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

Is there such a thing when it comes to the 6T? Deka's are my preference however I've read that tuners prefer others? True or BS?

I'd say that most tuners have a 'preference', however a well matched set of deka's work fine.

Probably best to talk to a few tuners in your area and see what the general vibe is.

  • Like 1
  • RNS10S
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Is there such a thing when it comes to the 6T? Deka's are my preference however I've read that tuners prefer others? True or BS?

What is your long term goal?

Can you see E85 in the near future?

Will you be upgrading to a GTX?

These are the questions you need to ask yourself before spending money on 60lb dekkas.

The id1000's are a little more money but it would be cheaper to buy them from the start rather than buying 60's and then swapping them to something bigger when you go to the next level.

I started with dekka 60's and now have 80's but if I were to do it all again I would have gone straight to the id1000's

May still go to the id1000's if I ever decide on upgrading to a GTX

But as others have said, consult with your tuner and go from there.

George

Edited by rednose
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 9m 15d
Posted

Don't really have a goal in mind, but just want a bit more poke. Not chasing Hollywood figures, maybe 300-330 at the rears. I'll probably only keep it for a year or 2 anyway before wanting a change.

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

60's are fine

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Even 42lb 968's are fine for that power. See which you can find cheaper.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted (edited)

Personally, if I had an FG I'd use the stock GT500 (Bosch EV14 part number 0 280 158 117) injectors for that power. Why?

1) Direct fit, no rail mods like the full length deka 60's and 968's;

2) Latest Bosch Technology (EV14's);

3) 6 hole diffuser plate (deka's and 968's have 4);

4) Factory style twin spray (deka is a single cone, 968's are a twin also);

5) 52lb/hr flow at 3 bar (inbetween deka 60's and 968's);

6) Characterized data is available (is for deka's, isn't for 968's); and

7) Price is good and they are waaaay more popular than deka's these days (internationally anyway).

BUT getting back to the original post.......not many tuners seem to be using these 52lb'ers, SO again always consult your tuner first before forking out your dough!

Edit...spelling!

Edited by IH8TOADS
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Makes me want an FG with them just so I can say I have GT500 injectors!

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 3d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

everytuner whinges and bitches over wanting to put Boschs into your car and that Dekas arent tunable and you will have a sh*t idle!! which is all a load off bulllllshhiittttttttt. if a tuner prefers a certain type of injector it means he needs to broaden his horizons and learn2tune others!!

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

everytuner whinges and bitches over wanting to put Boschs into your car and that Dekas arent tunable and you will have a sh*t idle!! which is all a load off bulllllshhiittttttttt. if a tuner prefers a certain type of injector it means he needs to broaden his horizons and learn2tune others!!

lol

.

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Well yeh in a nut shell

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...