Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Radelaide.. Real
Posted

Not at all mate, the centre muffler on these cars are basically a straight pipe design anyway, I just replaced the pipping. So it was mainly a rear muffler delete. And when cursing (60km/h) It's dead silent.. I'll post vids of it. But yes when you give it a boot full, it screams

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 9m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'm keen to here this. I had a similar set up on an XF back in the day and it sounded like a Cessna. #whatwasithinking? #pplatemodification

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

Desperate to hear this.

  • Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Radelaide.. Real
Posted

Hey boys! sorry I haven't been active for the past couple of days!

I'll get a sound clip up when I get a chance over the weekend of what it sounds like!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yarra Valley, Victoria
Posted

Yep, I'm with Henz mate, get a sound clip up ASAP! I first tried an Xforce 3 inch system and to be honest, it was terrible....the drone between 1500-2500rpm was enough to want earplugs and it hit the tailshaft so needless to say, it got pulled off the next morning and sent back...thanks but no thanks! I ended up going for a hurricane 2 1/2 inch system and it is great, no drone at all and a good bark when getting stuck into it and I used the standard tips so it still retains the factory look. I was a dissapointed to say the least as I had an xforce system on my previous ute and it was great.....maybe I got a Friday built exhaust on the GS!

  • Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Radelaide.. Real
Posted

I'll be grabbing one this afternoon!

But I'll also get my hands in an external mic for my go-pro to really give you a good sound while driving, and prove that during 60km/h there isn't much noise at all.. until you flatten it!

My fuel consumption is also getting better day/day now!

Got the ute going in wednesday for its tune! Cannot wait :)

  • Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Radelaide.. Real
Posted

Actually!

What type of video do you boys want to see?

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

Skids.

  • Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Radelaide.. Real
Posted

hahah!! I will when its tuned.. Private road of course ;)

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 9m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Yep, I'm with Henz mate, get a sound clip up ASAP! I first tried an Xforce 3 inch system and to be honest, it was terrible....the drone between 1500-2500rpm was enough to want earplugs and it hit the tailshaft so needless to say, it got pulled off the next morning and sent back...thanks but no thanks! I ended up going for a hurricane 2 1/2 inch system and it is great, no drone at all and a good bark when getting stuck into it and I used the standard tips so it still retains the factory look. I was a dissapointed to say the least as I had an xforce system on my previous ute and it was great.....maybe I got a Friday built exhaust on the GS!

Hi Rapid,

I'm about to buy an XForce 3" Mild Steel catback for my GTE, but after seeing your post, I'm concerned. Did you go M/S or S/S?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...