Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

ok ill post but this is not the correct way to do it but its worked for me

x-cal 3 and 60lb dekas 2nd hand $550 ( yes for both )

12psi actuator $ 250 installed

3.5 full xforce mild steel $900 ( I installed it )

nizpro cooler kit $ 1600 installed

"stainless" 4inch intake kit $650 rrp ( I installed )

crow valve springs and retainers $900 supply and fit

zf cooler kit $315 ( I installed )

walbro intank $ 270 installed

" jd customs" undercar surge tank and check valve with bosch 044 $750 ( I installed )

and tuning $ 400 .......... for first tune and 150 ish for retune ( once ) so $550

TOTAL $6735

I actually paid a touch less than that total as I got a few deals that I dont want to post up but at time of purchasing it was all correct prices ( within 3 years )

to make it a better package I need a flap and port job ( std at the moment ) $250

havent included consumables like trans service and coil packs and plugs

this package has taken me to 10.97 @ 132 mph 400+ rwkw...............all tuning and prices are from bruce heinrich performance S.A ( correct prices at time of purchasing/ as old as 3 years )

id like to think I have ONE of the best bang for buck times for a fg

  • Like 1
  • RNS10S
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

So you agree if the work is done at a shop and the parts were new you would be looking at around the 10g mark ?

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

yeh if your paying full rrp and not touching a spanner definately 10k

I make an assumption that a majority would be thrifty with 2nd hand bargains or beable to do some basic work but this is where alot of coin is spent is always labour

heard of 20k budgets being blown and still no 10 so yeh from one extreme to the next in any case

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

In saying 20k builds they are proper racing builds and innovating like a 9 inch still using abs tone wheels speedo c4 these guys plan to be out there alot more then the guy who gets 30l of e85 winds the boost up for 1 run get a 10 and then put there street tune in and claim they have a car that runs 10s on the street sorry for the off topic post

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

false ...........car is on 155,000kms and runs the " drag tune daily "

the only differance between my daily and drag situation is tyres and a strip to safely do it

dont believe I hammer the crud out of my car daily ? a large portion of the sa members would agree mine gets the " treatment " daily

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 8d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

ok ill post but this is not the correct way to do it but its worked for me

x-cal 3 and 60lb dekas 2nd hand $550 ( yes for both )

12psi actuator $ 250 installed

3.5 full xforce mild steel $900 ( I installed it )

nizpro cooler kit $ 1600 installed

"stainless" 4inch intake kit $650 rrp ( I installed )

crow valve springs and retainers $900 supply and fit

zf cooler kit $315 ( I installed )

walbro intank $ 270 installed

" jd customs" undercar surge tank and check valve with bosch 044 $750 ( I installed )

and tuning $ 400 .......... for first tune and 150 ish for retune ( once ) so $550

TOTAL $6735

I actually paid a touch less than that total as I got a few deals that I dont want to post up but at time of purchasing it was all correct prices ( within 3 years )

to make it a better package I need a flap and port job ( std at the moment ) $250

havent included consumables like trans service and coil packs and plugs

this package has taken me to 10.97 @ 132 mph 400+ rwkw...............all tuning and prices are from bruce heinrich performance S.A ( correct prices at time of purchasing/ as old as 3 years )

id like to think I have ONE of the best bang for buck times for a fg

Don't think anyone could argue with that Jet.

Cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Jet how many times have you run the 10 I'm not having a shot at you and I respect your detailed post and I agree with your mod list will net a 10 personal expierence I have had to do things twice and that's when the price rises and a 10k build goes up alot more

  • I <3 Floods
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South West QLD
Posted

Relentless.. Don't turn this thread to sh*t.

The point is he ran a 10.. Under andra rules he can't run again till he has a cage.. Technically.. What Veva is doing is great.. So lets keep this on topic and not turn it into a sh*t fight about who did a ten easiest or how much it cost them.

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

it could be once or 50 times, its always going to be luck until its a complete " built car "

but what the point is, that any clown with a 7k budget can walk a 132mph ( 127 min for a 10.99 on zf ) and andra need to take how cheaply a new car can be modified and that a new car at 130+ mph is 50% better ( minimum ) than a 1970's car at 130 mph

times have changed and so should the andra rules

( %'s are a fully hektic calculation : disclamier )

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

100 percent agree this is true ^ I have no intention of ruining the thread just giving a few scenarios and was off topic my bad for that. I agree Matt is the only one that has the balls and patience to stand up to andra and fight this battle

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...