G6E-T Parts List For +400 Rwkw

Alion

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 29d

If you really want 400 at the wheels, you are really going to need to plan for it.

I'm close and it makes for a savage daily driver. That much power will destroy ALL of the factory driveline parts on the car. First and foremost is the ZF trans, then it's diff, you shoud be after a Harrop at that level anyway. Next comes all your bushes in the rear. 400 will destroy the stock bushes in your car within 10k. If they are already stuffed... then you will start risking CV's and driveshafts at the same time.

At 11.11 my car is the 3rd fastest G6ET in the country. Be careful what you wish for. Don't take this the wrong way, but don't let your aspirations get in front of your budget.

You will need to then service your car every 5k after that, need to be changing ZF fluid every 20k from there.

The walbro your mate is going to sell you is a waste of time. You will need a surge and 044 arrangement.

Jack :spoton:

• Like 3

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 7d

Pete P has done it perfectly IMO.

Injectors/ cat/ piping/ valve springs/ fuel pump. Made 330 and ran 11.3 on e85.

Round two Nizpro cooler, f6 turbo.

430 on e85, will sh*t in a ten.

Has cost him $7k. Then he has 2-3k in standard bits to sell.

G6 what are the 1st & 2nd? Johnny & g6epsi? Did rapid do a ten?

Edited by Henz

• Member For: 12y 2m 26d

If E85 availability in Woolongong is like Sydney, than I wouldn't bother with it IMO. If it's commonly available then go nuts.

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 30d

We have no E85 that I am aware of we did have 1 about 2 years ago but they now dont stock it. I am hoping to see 400 next week fingers crossed. My bushes are already dead and are getting done at the same time feels like driving a jack hammer atm. I personally wouldnt recomend a turbo side intake for the little extra in power and response commes with alot of extra induction noise which dosnt suit the G6E....

• Like 1

Henz it depends on how you want to do it.

E85 is a huge consideration now. I have zero access to it. So I quote prices for starters and then parts like others don't have open access to it either.

To say it's cost him 7k is true. Up keep... no one talks about up keep. It will halve your service time. Depending on how the car is driven then maybe that might be even less than half.

Henz I have a Nizpro Stage 2 trans ready for my car. They cost more than G6E Rockets mods. This is where I warn people who are chasing big power, keeping them as daily drivers etc need to understand. Be careful what you wish for.

I am providing not the best case scenario. You can run a 10 on 5k. No worries. You will smash your car to bits trying to do it. Trying to get it to do it as an on going concern is completely different.

A good quote I read somwhere recently is... there is always money to do things right the 2nd time. I speak not from forum posts, but from my own experience. What it has cost me. How fast I have gone for the money I earned to then go as fast as I have.

I don't know if Rapid ever ran a 10. The HPF car did, with 12 months sitting in a workshop with endless problems along the way with a GT42. The other car is G6EPSI and he has run a late 10. We hear very little from here. Similar mods to mine, external wastegate though.

I appreciate that everyone wants to go as fast as they can for as cheaply as they can but in the end a 10 sec car, requires a 10 sec cars worth of up keep. To quote that a car has run a 10 but cannot do 700kms a week because it sits broken all time I think needs to be noted as well.

My car does a minimum of 700kms a week. I have built for this purpose.

• Like 2

• Member For: 16y 1m 6d

If you really want 400 at the wheels, you are really going to need to plan for it.

I'm close and it makes for a savage daily driver. That much power will destroy ALL of the factory driveline parts on the car. First and foremost is the ZF trans, then it's diff, you shoud be after a Harrop at that level anyway. Next comes all your bushes in the rear. 400 will destroy the stock bushes in your car within 10k. If they are already stuffed... then you will start risking CV's and driveshafts at the same time.

At 11.11 my car is the 3rd fastest G6ET in the country. Be careful what you wish for. Don't take this the wrong way, but don't let your aspirations get in front of your budget.

You will need to then service your car every 5k after that, need to be changing ZF fluid every 20k from there.

The walbro your mate is going to sell you is a waste of time. You will need a surge and 044 arrangement.

Cheers,

This is not all going to happen at once and I really think I wont be running those number everyday There is no need for the wear and tare on the car and tyres I dont need the ongoing cost of things breaking (I use to have a BA MkI ewwww). I am hoping to run only 8 psi or similar daily and hopefully will be in the low 300's or high 200's.

I didn't know about the back end of these cars and will defiantly be looking at that when I go for the higher numbers.

As for my aspirations and budget. The budget will always have to come first as saving for a house at the same time (and also have a wife to convince haha).

By the looks for 350 ish with the room to go higher I will be in about 8-9k (I know I have other expenses for a true track and zf dyno tune and maybe looking at a brembo brake pack might check if any of my other contacts have some parts they want to get rid off) along with the cost of services. However the point of this was to find what bits I need to make this power. But its great to know what else is needed down the road!

I have a Expensive Daewoo Astra City TS I think it is maybe a swap for a GTX3582R (minus housing) and a process west surge tank with the 044. How I hate that car!!!

Again all thanks for informing me on what I will need to be looking for.

Minimum 1k for a built tailshaft.

2k if you break it on the car yeah? It damages the exhaust and the floor pan of the car. It's stuff like that, that need to be made far more clear on forums.

It sounds easy. The forums are a place where people only talk about the good things.

I broke 3 CV's on my previous BA XR6T. Nizpro at the time charged me 1k a time to change them over. 3k.

Halfway to 10 apprently.

Good post Dave!

• Like 1