Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Is it just me that likes the sound of the turbo 6's over the v8's, my ute is stock as a rock so it's pretty quiet but wen I give it a boot load and hear inside the cabin the sound of the engine and turbo working together it's just orgasmic. I'm still trying to find the best exhaust to create that exact note I'm getting in the cabin combined with the turbo sound

Cheers

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 14d
Posted

Had a play with an Rspec we were dead on but his was still running in lol

Not a surprise there coz some of the F6's are capable of doing 12.3 stock...well that's the lowest I've seen...

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

My R Spec from 100 kmh roll on pulls a lot harder than a F6 but from down low they would be close.

You Definatley feel the extra horse power when you stretch it's legs.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 2d
Posted

I know this isn't the forum to talk up 'economy and maximization of fuel' .. but , he goes .. you have got to love the fact that the eight will simply roll on with little to no (intermittent) input from the right foot .. which is a good thing - right ? . Then , when you feel the need - push a little harder and off you go with a smile - good thing again !!

What I love the most about the supercharged eight ... no effort to roll along , listening to exhaust note - and then because of the supercharged as with the turbo - bang - you are off in a flash - smiling all the way - until it hurts ..

The F6 v GT 335 - are both get cars - offering bang for bucks.. however , in my opinion - there is more to love about the eight than the F6 - when its not going hard !! :buba: As important as it is to feel the 'speed' - I feel the other side - slow , is as important and I feel the 5lt S/C does it best in that department !! :sungum:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 12d
Posted

Had a number of runs(private road) with a GS 360rwkw and he could not pull away on any of the runs,some I was just in front ....both quite shocked with my F6 at just under 310rwkw....

  • Like 1
  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

310rwkw in a F6 will probably do that.I think the bent 8 needs the extra kw,s when tuned to hold its own.

The 6T is an awesome motor but the V8 is more usable in its delivery and sounds great.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 2d
Posted (edited)

So how the hell is the GT at some 400rwhp stock supposed to feel slower than the F6 which has like what 330-340rwhp stock?

Sort of Disappointing to hear because I always wanted to get a GT or GS.

What is most Interesting is that the F6 Pulls harder from lower RPM.... shouldn't the Larger capacity 5.0L with a Supercharger which comes on instantly have more pull,

that is what I don't get.

If really the F6 is pulling harder than the GT in low revs, then the GT must be De-tuned in that area from factory?

Edited by Z2TT
  • I <3 Floods
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South West QLD
Posted

Superchargers still build up to peak power as they depend on engine RPM to work..

Turbos use witchcraft so most are making peak power at 3500-4000rpm..

Obviously turbo is going to feel faster to the butt dyno..

  • Like 1
  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

The 6T has a massive torque hit down low but the Blown 8 pulls harder in the revs.As for the bent 8 being detuned down low from factory? I will let ya know when I tune mine cause I believe it feels like its held back for driveline safety.

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

Hmmmm, back to this post now I have been running with the mods and tune for a few months. OK OK it's awesome as some of you can attest to with your own modded F6s, but seriously, bang for buck and change out of $4K, it must be bloody difficult to get that much of an improvement out of a GT for the same dosh - 100+ additional rwkw and about 230 extra Nm.

And it's NOT the rwkw that us F6ers should care about. Any tuner can make the graph look good at peak. What's mind blowing is the turbo's torque and how hard it pulls from low revs. And keeps pulling. And keeps pulling.

Doing the maths, power to weight is still a little less than a Lambo Much but torque to weight - that's another story ! Tuner dude remapped the tranny too - absolutely awesome in it's own right. Changes now happen in half the time with none of that factory fuel cutoff crap thinggy between changes. Sqeals 3rd gear now even on freeways. Lights second up like the old map did in first.

And this is a mild set of mods compared to some of you die hards :)

Perhaps if the GTs had an intercooler you could go alot further with boost, but they're not cheap.

Anyone still tossing up a Coyote over an F6 - just drive both.

Curious, I am not a drag strip kinda guy but does anyone have an F6 around 370rwkW and 800Nm that has has had a strip run on drag slicks? Would love to know what they are capable of. Or even on road tyres ??

TJS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...