FoMoCoMoFo New Member 21 Member For: 13y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Port Stephens Posted 19/01/13 10:52 AM Posted 19/01/13 10:52 AM This is not what I wanted my 1st post to be! Ive earthed my (03 XR6T) positive terminal with a spanner (sparks!) now she wont start! Got dash lights but its clicking on acc before I even hit ignition! Any ideas?
Maggotmouse Legacy Donating Member 200 Member For: 15y 29d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 19/01/13 10:54 AM Posted 19/01/13 10:54 AM may have blowen the starter fuse, check that first
FoMoCoMoFo New Member 21 Member For: 13y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Port Stephens Posted 19/01/13 11:16 AM Author Posted 19/01/13 11:16 AM may have blowen the starter fuse, check that firstI've checked the fuses and relays that I know of, under dash and behind the battery. I'm new to B-series, been in E-series for the last decade!
FoMoCoMoFo New Member 21 Member For: 13y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Port Stephens Posted 19/01/13 11:41 AM Author Posted 19/01/13 11:41 AM Just tried using the BA battery to start my EB, no go! New battery time I guess. Hopefully that's all.
FoMoCoMoFo New Member 21 Member For: 13y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Port Stephens Posted 20/01/13 01:47 AM Author Posted 20/01/13 01:47 AM Ok.... So its not my battery, just bought a new one and its exactly the same! On acc I'm getting clicking from around the tps/throttle body then on ignition all I get is another click from the starter! WTF have I done?
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 28d Posted 20/01/13 03:23 AM Posted 20/01/13 03:23 AM Its a fuse somewhere mate.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 20/01/13 03:51 AM Posted 20/01/13 03:51 AM Not a fuse.If you're hearing constant clicking then I'd say you've damaged a relay. Turn the car on to where the clicking sound starts and pull the relays one by one until it stops.
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 29d Gender: Male Posted 20/01/13 04:00 AM Posted 20/01/13 04:00 AM Unless so called clicking is boost solineiod?
FoMoCoMoFo New Member 21 Member For: 13y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Port Stephens Posted 20/01/13 04:59 AM Author Posted 20/01/13 04:59 AM Unless so called clicking is boost solineiod?The clicking seems to be coming from the tps/throttle body?
matt036 Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 16y 9m 2d Gender: Male Posted 20/01/13 05:35 AM Posted 20/01/13 05:35 AM Is it ticking when it in accessory or in the on position? If its when its on that's normal I think as it'll be the throttle body pulling back to shut. I know when I turn mine to the on position I hear the fuel pump and a click from my throttle body, so pretty sure it's normal. Sounds like something is blown though, out of curiosity have you taken the positive off the battery and left it for an hour to reset the Ecu just to see what might happen?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now