STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 22/01/13 10:15 AM Posted 22/01/13 10:15 AM Haha
relentless xr6 Member 363 Member For: 15y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/01/13 10:19 AM Posted 22/01/13 10:19 AM ????
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/01/13 10:19 AM Posted 22/01/13 10:19 AM methinks staino is trying to make haha the new diff bush
relentless xr6 Member 363 Member For: 15y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/01/13 10:25 AM Posted 22/01/13 10:25 AM I'd honestly like a proper answer because I'm thinking of doing this for my new turbo soon.
Cameron02 Member 164 Member For: 13y 9m 29d Posted 22/01/13 10:41 AM Author Posted 22/01/13 10:41 AM I'm no expert in ceramic coat but IMO its job is to keep temp in the exhaust housing and not to let the temperature out I may be totally wrong so with this theory your intake pipes will be trapping heat and not releasing it. Meaning longer heat soak Yes relentless it is the job of the ceramic to keep the heat in the exhaust because the exhaust is damm hot and we dont want that heat in the engine bay. IMO the idea behind coating the intake pipes is to keep the pipes from heating up. So for example where the intake pipes run over the top of the turbo. Coating these intake pipes would definately reduce the amout of heat they absorb from the turbo and headers. But my issue is that the intake piping will also eventually be heating up as a result of the hot air running through them and since the out side is coated the inside becomes the most effective place to shed that heat. This could be overcome by coating the inside as well but most people try to avoid coating the inside in case a bit flakes of and makes its way into the engine. That said the chance of ceramic coating flaking off from an intake pipe is probably about 10,000 to 1. So I think I just convinced myself to do it.
relentless xr6 Member 363 Member For: 15y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/01/13 11:04 AM Posted 22/01/13 11:04 AM I think I'm just going to do the exhaust manifold and exhaust housing ceramic coat silver I'd rather be safe then sorry
Cameron02 Member 164 Member For: 13y 9m 29d Posted 22/01/13 11:08 AM Author Posted 22/01/13 11:08 AM Cool
Red R6 Legacy Donating Member 41 Member For: 13y 10m 2d Posted 22/01/13 02:03 PM Posted 22/01/13 02:03 PM Why not get a roll or two of exhaust tape and wrap the intake pipes then stick a temp probe just before the intake manifold and see if it makes a difference?
b-rad Legacy Donating Member 257 Member For: 18y 4m 27d Location: townsville Posted 23/01/13 12:02 AM Posted 23/01/13 12:02 AM lol thread is lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now