relentless xr6 Member 363 Member For: 15y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/12/12 09:58 PM Posted 22/12/12 09:58 PM I agree with kosij put it on a car making big power and try back to back runs but I also understand why you don't wanna remove the intake you just fitted it who wants to remove it after you just put it on good luck with the tune!
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 22/12/12 10:09 PM Posted 22/12/12 10:09 PM It's already well proven that those factory parts are capable of far more power than you're trying to achieve.The test suggested earlier is a good way to see the benefit of the intake manifold changes you've made. That test would at least establish a base line.Please don't take my comments as insults as I'm genuinely interested in what you're trying to achieve. I'm just trying to wrap my head around what you're doing. 1
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 22/12/12 10:30 PM Posted 22/12/12 10:30 PM (edited) Surely buying a 'factory' fg manifold would have been a cheap easier route to take... Edited 22/12/12 10:31 PM by Panda Eyes
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 21d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 23/12/12 05:05 AM Posted 23/12/12 05:05 AM Mate there's a couple hours in pulling off and replacing. My advice to you is get hold of a plenum and start grinding. Some of the feedback is that you will also make some torque lower in th rev range. Also have a look at your T/B and sand the rear smooth.CheersI will probably be going down the line of a PW plenum when I get the car back from impound.Just thought you might like to do a comparison on something which had allready reached the limits of the stock plenum.Cheers.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,109 Member For: 18y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/12/12 05:21 AM Posted 23/12/12 05:21 AM This thread would suggest that it's NOT the cheapest or easiest route to change a B-series to a FG plenum 1
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 7d Gender: Not Telling Posted 23/12/12 08:54 AM Author Posted 23/12/12 08:54 AM I will probably be going down the line of a PW plenum when I get the car back from impound.Just thought you might like to do a comparison on something which had allready reached the limits of the stock plenum.Cheers.I understand your interest. But a test like this is not something that I'm interested in. Because I'll be farked if I'm pulling my car apart to see if its an improvement over yours. I have no doubt its an improvement (but as I have previously stated "I'm not sure how much"). When tuning I'm certain we will see anyway. Go buy one, and port and polish it. If you couldn't be bothered, just go aftermarket. Always pays to do your own R&D anyway.Cheers
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 7d Gender: Not Telling Posted 23/12/12 08:56 AM Author Posted 23/12/12 08:56 AM This thread would suggest that it's NOT the cheapest or easiest route to change a B-series to a FG plenum http://www.fordxr6tu...hl__ fg plenumCouldn't agree more. I also don't think the FG plenum is so great. But a sh*tload cheaper to manufacture.Cheers
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 23/12/12 10:41 AM Posted 23/12/12 10:41 AM I didnt say it was the cheapest but will flow 100rwkw more than a b series. proven. so $ per kw is a win.
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 21d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 23/12/12 11:48 AM Posted 23/12/12 11:48 AM I understand your interest. But a test like this is not something that I'm interested in. Because I'll be farked if I'm pulling my car apart to see if its an improvement over yours. I have no doubt its an improvement (but as I have previously stated "I'm not sure how much"). When tuning I'm certain we will see anyway. Go buy one, and port and polish it. If you couldn't be bothered, just go aftermarket. Always pays to do your own R&D anyway.CheersThat's fine. As stated I can't be bothered, that's why I'm going with a PW plenum. Just thought you might want to show other forum members what gains can be had with this setup. (If not why did you post about it to begin with?) Wasn't so much for my R&D was more so for yours. Cheers anyway. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now