Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Surge has been wired and plumbed

New coolant, full tank of 98 and now it sits at Monsta torque, getting sorted out.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

OK, so its back home now.

After a chat with Rob at Monsta Torque I have decided not to push the boost up beyond 17.5psi and am quite content with the figures produced.

I know I said 520+ and I'd be happy... We got 519hp / 387rwkw and I'm more than happy. Torque is way up 965Nm / 711lbft and again, very happy.

My next step (if I do require more) will definitely be valve springs... followed by a touch more boost, however, this will be a while off.

Big ups to Rob and Darren at Monsta Torque for taking the time to chew the fat with me, the availability of the dyno and tune timeframe. Its been a really great experience to get to this point and the guys have been more than patient with the continental drift like pace that my project has carried to this point.

Cheers

post-53078-0-81357800-1370339971_thumb.j

Edited by Chaos310
  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Very nice indeed!!!

Flat constant pressure/Torque curve!!!

Might be using Monsta Torque to tune my FG as well.

Sounds like good honest service from Rob n Darren, way to go!!!

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Very nice indeed!!!

Flat constant pressure/Torque curve!!!

Might be using Monsta Torque to tune my FG as well.

Sounds like good honest service from Rob n Darren, way to go!!!

Yeah mate, they are good blokes. It was clear from start to finish with what I wanted and the pricing was pretty good too. They've got some work coming in.. so I'd book in to make sure you get it sorted when you want.

well done mate.

Thanks mate. its a different ride now.

  • Like 1
  • To Loud
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA, Perth
Posted

I have been following your car on facebook as well, those are gret results and make me want to mod my car sooner.

I will be goin in for a upgrade and tune in 3 months, once I have the dough.

:)

Happy days.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Good stuff mate! Don't rush it, get the coin behind you and have a chat with Rob or Darren about where you want to get to with the car and go from there.

Tip: save a little extra and get springs done at the same time.

Edited by Chaos310
  • Like 1
  • To Loud
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA, Perth
Posted

Well I have been out to Monsta Torque today and spoke to Rob. We discussed what I wanted and how to get there.

Got my list together and paid a deposit. Now comes the waiting game.

I did speak to Rob about the springs and he reckoned that the F6s tend to require the springs more often than the xr6t do. That doesn't mean I am not planning for them. I will wait and see when the car gets tuned in 3 months time.

I think I am more excited about dem short shifter than about the car getting tuned. ;)

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Well I have been out to Monsta Torque today and spoke to Rob. We discussed what I wanted and how to get there.

Got my list together and paid a deposit. Now comes the waiting game.

I did speak to Rob about the springs and he reckoned that the F6s tend to require the springs more often than the xr6t do. That doesn't mean I am not planning for them. I will wait and see when the car gets tuned in 3 months time.

I think I am more excited about dem short shifter than about the car getting tuned. ;)

WELL.......... What are you getting?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...