Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 21/12/12 04:46 AM Posted 21/12/12 04:46 AM ^ classic rant of a clown in denial. see you in 30.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/12/12 04:51 AM Posted 21/12/12 04:51 AM imagine the developments of a T5 with a SCTC9's or GTFO
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 21/12/12 06:34 AM Posted 21/12/12 06:34 AM (edited) In response to ratter - how about, considering you're a tuner, you explain to me why a reputable company such as APS came to this conclusion in regards to the box? The review that I have read has stated this fact and from what I can remember they were able to manage a time slip with a high 10 second pass I believe. Also I am more than aware that there are lots of people running the T5 with 300+kw and haven't had any issues with their box. I understand they're not a very strong gearbox but everyone gives people so much crap for getting a 5 speed, whereas if you have someone who knows what they're doing with the 5 speed it appears that you are able to get good power figures out of them. It would be nice if a certain moderator of this site would stop acting like such a know it all dickhead.Some people may fall for different marketing strategies, others don't but everybody is entitled to an opinion and they do not always have to agree.I have seen the results of broken 5 speed gearboxes, some with standard power, I warn my customers about modding with the 5 speed, I do not see the customer as endless money pits, I know I have lost sales because we choose to warn what may happen.It is commonly known that ramping the boost in can break things, have a look around and you will see some of my dyno sheets, They normally have pretty flat boost lines, if the customer insists on the boost being ramped in then we'll do it, most like the drive-ability of flat boost line anyway. Edited 21/12/12 06:55 AM by ratter 2
xr6t_ute Legacy Donating Member 2,281 Member For: 19y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: south east suburbs Posted 21/12/12 06:53 AM Posted 21/12/12 06:53 AM My 5 speed is pushing 420rwkw, and have not had a problem.. and I ran a 10.4 with the T5. So there you go , proof right here.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/12/12 09:20 AM Posted 21/12/12 09:20 AM ivan lock up isnt a gear hahaha
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 21/12/12 09:21 AM Posted 21/12/12 09:21 AM reverse is though
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/12/12 10:16 AM Posted 21/12/12 10:16 AM always outside the box mick hahah
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/12/12 10:49 AM Posted 21/12/12 10:49 AM who were APS?note I said were
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 21/12/12 10:56 AM Posted 21/12/12 10:56 AM Aren't they the mob that made sweet catbacks?
jbrnr21 Legacy Donating Member 120 Member For: 14y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: bathurst... Posted 21/12/12 11:10 AM Posted 21/12/12 11:10 AM Too late for popcorn?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now