Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posted

Looking at putting a fair bit of power through a BF T, and currently got Dunlop Sports Maxx's on them (bought it with them on). They are good, and from what I know reasonably durable, but haven't got the traction level im after. Don't care if I have to replace them every 6 months, I just want opinions on what tyres will give me the absolute best traction.

Cheers guys

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

I have sport maxx GTs in 295/30 and they stick like crazy.

But if your happy running semi slicks, then throw on some ET streets on 17s, or even 15s if you wanna be bad ass. But your in trouble if it rains.

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

get a wrx...

  • Like 2
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yarra Valley
Posted

Or better yet, an evo ^^^ .

You can get these things to hook up alright but never be as good as a AWD like the above. Am about to try 275 NT05's on the street so will let you know how they go.

Currently have KU36's . And yeh they're ok, but not that great.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posted

I'd have an Evo before a WRX... lol. And I know they all handle far better than falcons, but I asked about help with tyres guys ;) haha. Unfortunately not a big tyre nut so that's why advice is needed. Drove a 480rwhp BFII turbo with top of the line maxxis tyres and they held on well. Are they are good?

  • Special needs member.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: gold coast
Posted

I use Nitto NTO5's and they stick pretty well considering I'm running over 650hp.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posted

@ BigAl, How much do they set you back if you don't mind me asking?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posted

Thanks for that mate :)

Anyone else got any suggestions for tyres? Cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...