Poelwyk Member 99 Member For: 15y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Werribee,Melbourne, Australia Posted 26/11/12 11:11 AM Posted 26/11/12 11:11 AM ok guys I cannot for the life of me work out whats wrong.....I had the top radiator hose chnaged the other day because of a leaking issuse witch is now sorted.....Steps I take to fill the systemI run the car for about 20 min on idle with the cap off and massargeing the top pipe to help with removeing air.. as I top the system up (no heater on as no Heater core connected)once that's done that I top the system up and drive it aroundThe temp sits just a little bit over a quater witch is fine but when I stop the car after a 20 min drive to work and I pop the bonnet and have a look at the level its droped from the max to the low mark and theres coolent all over the Bay from the cap... and you can see its boiled the coolent.... outI have chnaged the Cap with another Gen Ford cap and its still doing it .. what am I doing wrong or whats wrong....
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 10d Gender: Male Posted 26/11/12 11:13 AM Posted 26/11/12 11:13 AM May have a cracked head/ leaking head gasket causing combustion gasses to over pressurise cooling system. Needs a TK check to confirm
Poelwyk Member 99 Member For: 15y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Werribee,Melbourne, Australia Posted 26/11/12 11:16 AM Author Posted 26/11/12 11:16 AM whats the TK check... but the wired thing is the car drives without a issuse no loss of power nothing... wouldent it be a give away if it had a check or a blown head gasket.. theres no water or anything comeing out the exhaust its idels fine .. I just dont know
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/11/12 11:16 AM Posted 26/11/12 11:16 AM On the old school EF/El's there was a bleeder, you used to unscrew it, that used to let all the excess air escape of the coolant system.Do these bleeders still exist?
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 26/11/12 01:59 PM Posted 26/11/12 01:59 PM I had a dodgy thermostat that wasn't opening up and from memory it had similar symptoms to yours and was boiling the coolant bottle out the lid.. Replaced thermostat and has been perfect ever since mate
MX Dave Legacy Donating Member 545 Member For: 15y 6m 2d Gender: Male Posted 26/11/12 10:45 PM Posted 26/11/12 10:45 PM Get it sniffed, if all good replace your thermostat.Might aswel use a cooler one whilst your at it
Poelwyk Member 99 Member For: 15y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Werribee,Melbourne, Australia Posted 27/11/12 08:08 AM Author Posted 27/11/12 08:08 AM im running a cooler stat already .... fitted by pitlane...
Poelwyk Member 99 Member For: 15y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Werribee,Melbourne, Australia Posted 27/11/12 08:20 AM Author Posted 27/11/12 08:20 AM well I think its a head gasket now as the cap has started to get milky.....anyone got any ideas on the cost to get it replaced....
matsfgxr6turbo Member 388 Member For: 16y 8m 1d Posted 27/11/12 08:36 AM Posted 27/11/12 08:36 AM BULK?
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 28/11/12 02:37 AM Posted 28/11/12 02:37 AM dam! is there much oil? are you sure it aint auto oil (if yours is auto?)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now