Turbo Oil Line Filter

AF04XR

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 28d

Either grab yourself 1 of these, which most would normally do http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FALCON-XR6-BA-BF-F6-TURBO-OIL-SUPPLY-BRAIDED-LINE-KIT-EARLS-INLINE-FILTER-/120861489628?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c23e7f9dc

or just piss the little filter off all together with your freq. oil changes at 5-7000kms "she'll be right".

Personally though I would be getting the Earls filter line replacement sooner rather than later. I did notice there was some cheaper ones on eBay but I dont think they come with the new copper washes, you would have to double check.

Heres a handy post to have a read on anyway.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 24d

Either grab yourself 1 of these, which most would normally do http://www.ebay.com....=item1c23e7f9dc

or just piss the little filter off all together with your freq. oil changes at 5-7000kms "she'll be right".

Personally though I would be getting the Earls filter line replacement sooner rather than later. I did notice there was some cheaper ones on eBay but I dont think they come with the new copper washes, you would have to double check.

Heres a handy post to have a read on anyway. http://www.fordxr6tu...creen-cleaning/

+1 for earls kit.

#1 mod to buy.

• Member For: 12y 4m 5d

You can get the factory filter assembly out with an a long socket. Factory filter is about... 60 bux I think. The Earls kit is good. Get new copper washers for the instal. You have to junk the factory steel lines.

However, if the oil changes have been kept up the amount of debris on the factory filter can be quite low. There are 50 horror stories on the site about clogged filters. I removed mine at 55k - I would say it was 10% clogged. I swam against the tide and just used a new factory filter - light on bux at the time for the earls kit.

• SHLAMBD.
  • Member For: 11y 11m 12d

Put my earls kit in yesterday, it leaked where the adaptor goes into the turbo. Tried thread sealant and new copper washer today, f*ckin thing still got a bit of a leak. Don't know what else to try post-51147-135219588832_thumb.jpg

• SHLAMBD.

I put that line at the turbo becuase it had the heat stuff on it :/ and I put the washer there to try stop the leak

and also in the picture on the intructions the 90 degree bend is on the line coming from the engine

Edited by stroller

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 22d

Maye theyve changed the fittings cos my earls kit has 90 at turbo... That washer should not be there, should have a fitting screwed into turbo and the line screws straight onto it. Its a tapered seat so no washers or sealant are needed, that washer wont be helping

• SHLAMBD.

the adaptor fitting that came with the kit stripped really easy. the guy at hose mart said it was no good anyway, so I got a replacement and yeh, dont know how to stop the leak.