Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 18/10/12 10:29 PM Posted 18/10/12 10:29 PM opt5 or opt6 for you then
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 12d Posted 18/10/12 10:30 PM Posted 18/10/12 10:30 PM Opt3+ holds up to my 450KW E85 tune pretty well, but then again I dont do clutch dumps or anything silly, has held up to 400KW for the past year no worries. Its never slipped once and is as light if not lighter than the factory clutch.I have crappy rear tyres so the only thing that chews out are the tyres, cheap insurance for now.
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 12d Posted 18/10/12 10:41 PM Posted 18/10/12 10:41 PM I can't see the need to clutch dump in one of these cars? Stock standard I can get the wheels turning on my FG with an auto just from giving it some and lying on brakes a little and that's a sedan, ute should be even easierBut if your going to go through times of not thinking and insist on clutch dumping go at least opt 5, it should last longer that way
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 18/10/12 10:54 PM Author Posted 18/10/12 10:54 PM Really? It's not that I do it all the time, but your right. mine slides outta corners pretty well, but straight line stuff no chance. Tyres are pretty sticky though.
MX Dave Legacy Donating Member 545 Member For: 15y 5m 26d Gender: Male Posted 18/10/12 10:55 PM Posted 18/10/12 10:55 PM Auto different story bro
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 4d Gender: Male Posted 18/10/12 10:55 PM Posted 18/10/12 10:55 PM My opt3 has had a few 3k clutch dumps
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 18/10/12 10:58 PM Author Posted 18/10/12 10:58 PM There will be less need with more power too, and I have said previously in another thread I'm thinking about drifting occasionally, but with a bit more power and some brake weight transfer should be enough. My main concern really was why it was slipping even jut using launch control? I know I said I clutch dump but it's pretty rare , and last night it was the first time I have even bothered to try launch control in a while!
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 18/10/12 10:59 PM Author Posted 18/10/12 10:59 PM Looks like option 3+ will be going in, then I'll be set for a gtx. Now... To find a money tree
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 18/10/12 11:00 PM Posted 18/10/12 11:00 PM (edited) I can't see the need to clutch dump in one of these cars?you my friend, should try to launch a manual t off the line. Edited 18/10/12 11:02 PM by Paulie2256 1
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 18/10/12 11:19 PM Posted 18/10/12 11:19 PM 1 clutch dump or slide is enough to glaze the clutch and affect its operation
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now