MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 18/10/12 08:03 PM Posted 18/10/12 08:03 PM So went for a spirited drive last night, realised that much clutch spent even handle launch control without slipping anymore! At 45xxxk I'm not real happy but what can you do. What clutches have you guys got? I'm thinking gtx sometime next year btw
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 3d Gender: Male Posted 18/10/12 08:26 PM Posted 18/10/12 08:26 PM Mw opt 1
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 18/10/12 08:52 PM Author Posted 18/10/12 08:52 PM 3?5?
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 18/10/12 08:58 PM Posted 18/10/12 08:58 PM Mal Wood say no more
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 18/10/12 09:04 PM Posted 18/10/12 09:04 PM Opt 5 is very nice to drive if you are going to pump a bit of power through it, however the Opt3+ is good for 400 with some sympathy
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 18/10/12 09:09 PM Author Posted 18/10/12 09:09 PM Yeh heard nothing but good about malwood. So no limiter dumps and she should be fine? I'll just get cheapo tyres and powerskid everywhere weeeeee.Has anyone else had problems with the fg clutch being Upto sh*t? I don't really give it a hard time. The occaaional clutch dump but usually about 3500
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 18/10/12 09:10 PM Author Posted 18/10/12 09:10 PM And REFUSES 3rd gear skids
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 18/10/12 09:15 PM Posted 18/10/12 09:15 PM Yeh heard nothing but good about malwood. So no limiter dumps and she should be fine? I'll just get cheapo tyres and powerskid everywhere weeeeee.Has anyone else had problems with the fg clutch being Upto sh*t? I don't really give it a hard time. The occaaional clutch dump but usually about 3500And REFUSES 3rd gear skidsyou contradict yourself here, that is clutch abuse no matter what clutch is installed 1
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 18/10/12 09:18 PM Author Posted 18/10/12 09:18 PM Yeh I know, not great for it but I rekon I'm alot kinder to my clutch than alot of guys on here are! No point with a new clutch if it's getting put in for no reason, current one holds up if I baby it, but I didbt buy a T to drive like a granny ALL the time, just most of te time haha.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 18/10/12 09:55 PM Posted 18/10/12 09:55 PM If you want to break other stuff you can put a clutch in that will take almost any abuse you can through at it - it will be crap to drive and you'll probably hate driving your car - trust me I've been there. If you accept the way you treat the clutch may limit its lifetime then you should put the best one you can afford in there, I would say Opt3+...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now