Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

After seeing the crap that came out of my fuel filter last time after only using caltex, I will never touch it again. Only use BP now, not probs.

  • Like 2
  • New Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

What do the tuners recommend using?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Shell v power for me, bp ultimate is also good but shell is closer. Had sooo many cars with bad caltex fuel (fleet vehicles and private customers) I wouldnt put it in my lawnmower

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

I've gone from BP98 only, to V Power only then amix and now back to BP98.

I wish there was a small box you could carry that accepted say 100ml of fuel and gave you a stats readout on it for the things that matter like RON and additives etc. I've been chasing a bad idle for a while (tried new plugs/coils, clean TB) and today filling up from 3/4 to full with BP98 gave me rough idle directly after filling. Could be crap in the tank being stirred up was another thought.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 9d
Posted

Have dealings with a fuel guru/ lubricant engineer through work.... He basically told me they achieve the octane rating in two different ways.

Some fuels achieve their required octane rating using additives. Base fuel with the extras added

Other fuels achieve their octaine rating through refinement

Using Shell V power and BP ultimate as an example..Shell uses additives.. BP refines.

Having used both fuels in many cars over the years.. what I noted personally that when I pulled a plug from a vehicle running V power, the plug always had a powdwery residue. BP was always a "cleaner" plug

He only uses BP ultimate

  • Like 4
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

This might sound silly but could some servo's "water down" their fuel?

  • I <3 Floods
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South West QLD
Posted

Only if they wanted to get crucified on Today-tonight..

I've heard of quality varying from servo to servo but considering most of it comes from the same refineries the only quality difference is the storage tanks of each individual servo.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...