Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 19d Gender: Male Posted 22/10/12 12:15 PM Posted 22/10/12 12:15 PM Well I was set on getting the center muffler removed. But think the rear is the way to go, I was worried with the center removal the car would be too loud since I live in a block of units. My only issue is that it would look crap not seeing any muffler when looking from the rear of the car? Or is it not that noticeable?
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 22/10/12 10:11 PM Posted 22/10/12 10:11 PM Mate go the rear. You can't see that it's changed unless your under the car, it's louder but smoother... Nit that raw rough p plater falcon sound I rekon comes from removing the centre one. Had mine done for 3 months, you don't need a tune
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 19d Gender: Male Posted 23/10/12 02:08 AM Posted 23/10/12 02:08 AM Awesome. Might go get a quote to get the rear removed + re flanged after I get the damage repaired from when I got run up the back of. So its louder than the middle muffler? Is it louder on a sedan? (I notice you drive a ute)
davidt460 New Member 1 Member For: 13y 10m 19d Posted 10/11/12 03:14 AM Posted 10/11/12 03:14 AM Hi does it drone with the rear muffler removed and straight throughs.I heard it drones at cruise 80-110kmh?
fletty Member 191 Member For: 14y 7m 3d Gender: Male Posted 10/11/12 05:36 AM Posted 10/11/12 05:36 AM No drone at all in the sedan, that's in a manual but, not sure about the auto's.
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 10d Posted 10/11/12 06:05 AM Author Posted 10/11/12 06:05 AM Got an auto and you can't hear it at 80kms. Only time you'll hear it is if you pop it up to 6th and it starts to drone but the auto box holds 5th at that speed anyway. As for 100-110, nope no drone at all.Most of the sound comes from in the 1500rpm revs and then dies off a bit, picks up heaps at about 2500 and then fads away by about 3000. Taking off hard my cars goes like this --- exhaust, intake, turbo, pssssshhhhhh. LOVE IT! 2
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 19d Gender: Male Posted 26/11/12 05:51 AM Posted 26/11/12 05:51 AM Just booked in to get my middle muffler removed and reflanged on saturday. $125, only ptoblem is he says that it doesnt need to be mandrel bent and only needs an S piece for it. Will it make much difference if it isnt mandrel bent?Also, wondering if I am actually going to have to get hotdogs put in aswell like another post says. Since it will be that rediculous.
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/11/12 12:36 AM Posted 27/11/12 12:36 AM (edited) Probably personal preference. If it's to loud for your liking/not happy with the sound, get one put in. Edited 27/11/12 12:37 AM by Goliath
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 19d Gender: Male Posted 27/11/12 01:37 AM Posted 27/11/12 01:37 AM Thx goliath. What about the non-mandrel bends, will it make much difference to mandrel bent?
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/11/12 02:13 AM Posted 27/11/12 02:13 AM I wouldn't think it would have much impact on a stock system? Would probably have more of an effect on the sound as the flow is restricted in the bends. I'm sure someone else can clarify this though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now