Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 10/09/12 11:34 PM Posted 10/09/12 11:34 PM Hey guys thought about doing the centre muffler but looked into what some of done and plus I wanna change the tip so rear muffler looked like a good option.Was thinking about cutting off the rear muffler, welding in a piece of 3inch stainless and putting twin 3inch tips on the end. Has anyone done this? What other options are there for the rear muffler?Cheers
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 10/09/12 11:38 PM Posted 10/09/12 11:38 PM Where do you live? Take my section for a spin in your car. I got a bolt in and out twin 2.5 section, 260. 3 inch tips
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 14d Gender: Not Telling Posted 10/09/12 11:52 PM Posted 10/09/12 11:52 PM Unlike centre muffler removal, deleting rear muffler will give better gas flow, therefore a slight increase in performance. Also it doesn't sound like a tractor. For best results use full 2.5 inch flange bolt up replacement. Also if doing yourself make sure you can get the car up high enough, as it is a bugger to get exhaust over the diff cradle. Cheers
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 11/09/12 12:04 AM Posted 11/09/12 12:04 AM Yeah it's a PITA without a hoist.
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 11/09/12 12:51 AM Author Posted 11/09/12 12:51 AM Where do you live? Take my section for a spin in your car. I got a bolt in and out twin 2.5 section, 260. 3 inch tipsGriffith NSW.Yea I wanted to make a proper section with flanges etc so I can swap it over later but for all the money and work to go over the diff could get a catback lol. I don't have a hoist but I can use a forklift if need be lol. From having a look cause I'm going to cut the muffler off straight after the diff I should be able to take it off a lot easier than normal, putting it on will be sh*t
fletty Member 191 Member For: 14y 7m 8d Gender: Male Posted 11/09/12 01:20 AM Posted 11/09/12 01:20 AM This might help Bellato, I have also put a flange on my standard rear box so I can revert back at anytime.Flange is just at the point where the factory piping starts to go straight, this way it will be very simple to hang and centreVeiw from the back, completely straight if you cut and weld the flange right, im looking at putting a collector in now so it will be flange, 100mm straight 3" into split collector, then twin 3" all the way out with staggered tips, will look alot more neater as the single 3" does look a little small on some angles.Sorry for the poor quality pics, but you get the idea.. 1
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 11/09/12 01:54 AM Author Posted 11/09/12 01:54 AM Sweet, that's pretty much what I want to do but with twin tips. Did you do this yourself or get a shop to do it? The bloke I went too basically didn't want to flange it cause it was too much work for him! and then quoted $250-$300 (with a $120 tip) and all he had to do was cut then weld.On a side note what are peoples views on these. Finding it impossible to get a straight cut twin 3" tip for under like $120 (which is way too much for what it is) and I don't want rolled tips from all the bad reviews. So got these 2 options at the moment. If anyone has a pic of the dump style tips would be much appreciated, thinking I'm leaning that way.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261087169267?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1589wt_1165Don't really like the angle in on this and because its cheap I'd say it might be the same as rolled tips and muffle a bithttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261095887394?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1672wt_1165And this one is what I like but trying to find something cheaperhttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170789518338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_675wt_1165
fletty Member 191 Member For: 14y 7m 8d Gender: Male Posted 11/09/12 02:05 AM Posted 11/09/12 02:05 AM An exhaust shop did mine, only because I wanted to make sure I could put the standard rear box back on and it would sit perfectly. I will be doing the collector and twin 3" myself.Something just like this so I can utilise the existing flange and hanger etc 1
chrisg6et Legacy Donating Member 12 Member For: 14y 1m 16d Posted 11/09/12 05:35 AM Posted 11/09/12 05:35 AM I like the Twin idea mateGot the muffler cut off on my G6et and kept stock tip cost me $60 at an exhaust shopGives it a nice note and insnt too loud and when fully on it and it back fires and sounds like a gunshot :-)
lrmcdowell Legacy Donating Member 730 Member For: 15y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: Randwick, sydney Posted 11/09/12 07:40 AM Posted 11/09/12 07:40 AM I have the centre muffler removed...it would sound sh*t with the rear removed as well wouldnt it?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now