Rear Muffler Removal For Straight Pipe

Bellato

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 18d

Well I was set on getting the center muffler removed. But think the rear is the way to go, I was worried with the center removal the car would be too loud since I live in a block of units. My only issue is that it would look crap not seeing any muffler when looking from the rear of the car? Or is it not that noticeable?

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 7d

Mate go the rear. You can't see that it's changed unless your under the car, it's louder but smoother... Nit that raw rough p plater falcon sound I rekon comes from removing the centre one. Had mine done for 3 months, you don't need a tune

• Donating Members

Awesome. Might go get a quote to get the rear removed + re flanged after I get the damage repaired from when I got run up the back of. So its louder than the middle muffler? Is it louder on a sedan? (I notice you drive a ute)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Got an auto and you can't hear it at 80kms. Only time you'll hear it is if you pop it up to 6th and it starts to drone but the auto box holds 5th at that speed anyway. As for 100-110, nope no drone at all.

Most of the sound comes from in the 1500rpm revs and then dies off a bit, picks up heaps at about 2500 and then fads away by about 3000.

Taking off hard my cars goes like this --- exhaust, intake, turbo, pssssshhhhhh. LOVE IT! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Just booked in to get my middle muffler removed and reflanged on saturday. $125, only ptoblem is he says that it doesnt need to be mandrel bent and only needs an S piece for it. Will it make much difference if it isnt mandrel bent?

Also, wondering if I am actually going to have to get hotdogs put in aswell like another post says. Since it will be that rediculous.

• Member For: 13y 8m 13d

I wouldn't think it would have much impact on a stock system? Would probably have more of an effect on the sound as the flow is restricted in the bends. I'm sure someone else can clarify this though.