Rear Muffler Removal For Straight Pipe

Bellato

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 3d

Had a good look at mine today and its not flanged after the diff but yours looks like it is Fletty? I think I'm just cut and weld if I have to flange both pipes.

After a lot of looking around while I was at supercheap getting oil I had a look at their exhaust tips and got a 2.75inch inlet with twin 3inch outlets (just gonna cut the inlet to 3inch) for $50 in stainless. Only problem is its got rolled tips so gonna weld everything up and put it all together and if its really that bad with rolled tips I'll cut them off and no harm done

• Member For: 12y 1m 28d

Yea, I had the flange put in so I can still put the stock exhaust back on. Alternatively, cut it at the same point and weld straight 3" on.

Senna, I have thought about that, but im really happy with my ride height at the moment and cutting them down will lower it more? I have SSSL in the back and SSL in the front..

• Donating Members

Did this yesterday guys. Looks almost identical the pictures Fletty put up but with polished stainless and twin 3" tips (ended up getting rolled tips real cheap and they sound good so not changing).

All up cost $80 for parts and I helped my old man weld it all up. Results are amazing! My dad has header back quad exhaust on his GT and this sounds very similar on idle then gets a little louder through the revs and backs of when cruising.

I'll try get a video but sound quality is pretty sh*t on iphones

• Donating Members

Probably not the best pic but this is how it was all tacked in place. All that changed after this was being properly welded up. Unfortunately its not as easy as a job as you would think because the exhaust pipe going into the rear muffler isn't aligned with the tip so we had to cut a slight angle on each end of the straight pipe to make it all fit! Other than that I think it was about 2 hours work but a hoist was definitely needed.

post-42825-0-73656000-1348026019_thumb.j

• 1 month later...