Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 24d Gender: Male Posted 28/11/12 07:22 PM Posted 28/11/12 07:22 PM Well. What can I say the thing is damn loud, we ended up not putting any hotdogs in because it sounded good enough on the hoist. But now just above 2000rpm its almost deffening to your ears inside the cab! Will hotdogs fix this?
--Jase-- Member 66 Member For: 14y 1m 4d Posted 29/11/12 09:56 AM Posted 29/11/12 09:56 AM I did mine today also.. cut off stock muffler.. straight twin 2.5 inch pipes with 3.5 inch tips..Thought it was kinda load but had a mate drive it up the street and its not load at all..Pretty happy with the result really.
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 24d Gender: Male Posted 29/11/12 11:08 AM Posted 29/11/12 11:08 AM Yeah I know what your saying. It didnt sound that bad outside the car. But in the cabin you get a bad drone between 2000-2500 rpm that you can feel in the footwell and thru the seats. that's my only complaint. Other than that, it sounds sweet.Slowly gettin used to it now
--Jase-- Member 66 Member For: 14y 1m 4d Posted 30/11/12 07:30 AM Posted 30/11/12 07:30 AM My does drone hardly at all.. But mine is a ute so might have a bit to do with it..
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 24d Gender: Male Posted 30/11/12 09:09 AM Posted 30/11/12 09:09 AM Yeh. Utes give a different note and sound slightly different apparently.Update: mate says sounds like commy :( lol.
lrmcdowell Legacy Donating Member 730 Member For: 15y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: Randwick, sydney Posted 04/12/12 09:26 AM Posted 04/12/12 09:26 AM Well. What can I say the thing is damn loud, we ended up not putting any hotdogs in because it sounded good enough on the hoist. But now just above 2000rpm its almost deffening to your ears inside the cab! Will hotdogs fix this?if its a sedan then yes hot dogs are the way to go. with the utes people are starting to leave the centre muffler and remove the rear one to keep noise out of the cabs
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 14d Gender: Not Telling Posted 04/12/12 10:11 AM Posted 04/12/12 10:11 AM Removing the rear muffler with give you better performance (based on thermal velocity), than removing centre muffler, full stop.Cheers
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 24d Gender: Male Posted 04/12/12 10:13 AM Posted 04/12/12 10:13 AM Thanks impellor, I cant say I see better performance though (posibly got something to do with this heat wave going through, car runs like a heap of garbage in the heat)
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 05/12/12 09:15 AM Author Posted 05/12/12 09:15 AM I know what you mean by the drone at 2500 but mines not that loud that I can't concentrate and its only heard when I take off half throttle, any faster or any slower and all good so I rarely even notice it. And it doesn't even come close to as being loud as my old man's GT with herrod extractors back so not cop trouble as a result. I'm happy with mine and definitely sounds better than a v6 commy, it has a deeper note and doesn't have a constant drone at every point in the revs like the commy does
Falky100 Legacy Donating Member 305 Member For: 14y 10m 24d Gender: Male Posted 05/12/12 10:05 AM Posted 05/12/12 10:05 AM Cheers bellato, to be honest its actually gotten quieter since I got it done. It doesnt sound too bad now, cant complain at the moment, still sounds great at idle too
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now