hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 10/08/12 08:15 PM Posted 10/08/12 08:15 PM If you have a search you will find lots of light reading! I think someone mentioned here the Bosch units are easier to tune due to the original factory's items being Bosch. I'm sure someone here will have a full technical explanation for you soon.As for the 60's idle, mine has a little shake, doesn't worry me-I kinda like it. It did it from install, new coils,plugs filters etc at the time so im fairly confident it is the injectors, once again,its all there in the search function if you want to look.
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 10/08/12 10:07 PM Posted 10/08/12 10:07 PM ^+1Your tuner may find it easier to tune some 42lb Bosch injectors IF that's the issue and if they serve your power requirements.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/08/12 02:42 AM Posted 11/08/12 02:42 AM I still fail to see how getting a car tuned affects steering with a vibration.my old car had fked engine mounts and I still didnt feel anything through the steering.
FGX 40T Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 16y 5m 28d Gender: Male Location: WA - South of the River Posted 11/08/12 05:17 AM Author Posted 11/08/12 05:17 AM (edited) My Tuner is going back through the tables to check all settings - I read something last night about voltage compensation - I asked him about it and he said he had already made the necessary adjustments, but will double check everything. The vibration is only slight - not a huge drama - just annoys me that it is there after tune and not before. The car seems to idle fine its just this slight vibration I can feel. The car also pulsed when cold (use to bunny hop down driveway in reverse) they adjusted the injector slope and that seem to fix that. Maybe I am too pedantic - but I love my ride and really enjoy driving it - this just takes the shine off a little. I will keep you posted on any developments. Edited 11/08/12 05:17 AM by FG09T
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 11/08/12 05:34 AM Posted 11/08/12 05:34 AM (edited) With the siemens 60s there was a list of figures to get it close for any falcon but would need fine tuning. The injectors are more intensive to tune due to needing more adjustments to get the same as the bosch.There is a thread about it, think its called why tuners hate dekas or something along those lines.EDIT: found thread ^^^^^^ Edited 11/08/12 05:35 AM by Wenier
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 11/08/12 05:45 AM Posted 11/08/12 05:45 AM I have a bit of vibration in my steering at idle from installing my 60lb Dekas. Once the dyno is up and running again we are going to have another look.
FGX 40T Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 16y 5m 28d Gender: Male Location: WA - South of the River Posted 11/08/12 08:29 AM Author Posted 11/08/12 08:29 AM (edited) Thanks found that thread last night and sent it to my tuner Thanks riptide any help with diagnosis greatly appreciated. Edited 11/08/12 08:30 AM by FG09T
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now