old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/07/12 08:59 AM Posted 23/07/12 08:59 AM Its a f*cked design that gets highlighted with more ponies and is made worse by particular driving styles.Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/07/12 09:01 AM Posted 23/07/12 09:01 AM DO ITfor the love of GODGET THE WHOLE LOT REPLACED IN ONE GO MANYou'll need to anyway. Trust me.Refer my sig
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Posted 23/07/12 10:13 AM Author Posted 23/07/12 10:13 AM Yea Ralph diff bush was the first thing I thought from what I read but the mechanic at Ford reckons the diff bush is fine. (not that im the biggest fan of the dealership).Whats the typical sign of the diff bush being buggered?Im going to take the car in for a $14 pedders check when they're free and see if they can tell me whats actually shagged and whats just in 'okay' condition. Plus if I do the bushes Im going to upgrade all the suspension while im going so I need to save up a bit 1
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Posted 03/08/12 07:57 AM Author Posted 03/08/12 07:57 AM Just an update on this. Pedders told me all my bushes are fine and theres nothing major wrong but the shocks are pretty sh*t after 80,000kms. I was planning to do springs and shocks in a few weeks anyway. They reckon it could be some loose bolts or something so just went under the car and F*** me half the bolts in the rear end needed about half a turn or more to tighten them up properly. There was a few that need more than a full rotation. This did remove 'most' of the clunk but still a little bit there. So next step is to springs and shocks (probably won't be for a month till I get a break from uni) then see if things are fixed from thereDefinitely recommend getting under the car every now and then and tightening any bolts you can get too (they're pretty much all 18mm), you'd be surprised how loose things get
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/08/12 08:07 AM Posted 03/08/12 08:07 AM How HP are you putting through it? My Ba needs the rear end retorque every 3 months or so. Sticky tyres and reasonable HP make light work of the ford rear ends
musicmick Member 22 Member For: 14y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: North QLD Posted 04/08/12 06:29 AM Posted 04/08/12 06:29 AM I had some clunks in the rear end of my ute only 2 weeks after I bought it new. Turns out the 'U' bolts on the rear springs were a tad loose. All good now.
EFSIX I Lead Not Follow... Member 1,026 Member For: 14y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Westside,Melbourne Posted 04/08/12 06:41 AM Posted 04/08/12 06:41 AM hmm buds im currently driving around in my mates fg xr6t ute and I too hear a clunking noise in the rear end? but only down low (pretty much when u take off) now this is still under warranty but would like to know what the bloody hell it is..ive read what other people have experienced and taking it on board but like another guy said it could be a number of things..hmm got me f@#ed
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Posted 04/08/12 08:01 AM Author Posted 04/08/12 08:01 AM Stock standard Ralph. How much torque did you put on the bolts, I just went as tight as I could, given they're steel I didn't think it would matter?Yea but I have a sedan so different rear end.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/08/12 08:07 AM Posted 04/08/12 08:07 AM Best to torque them to spec mate. They arent grade 11bty billion Nasa spec space shuttle bolts. so toight toight isn't always the best option
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Posted 05/08/12 05:49 AM Author Posted 05/08/12 05:49 AM Do you know what torque to do them up too?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now