What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Member For: 15y 9m 12d

So you got an ex chaser with no brembos ? Dang !

Yep. They must have sold em off at the yard cheeky f*ckers. Didn't realise at the time. Unless some came without?

Contact Ford with the VIN and find out.

I thought it was illegal to downgrade brakes from what was fitted at the factory? You can upgrade, but not downgrade.

Therefore, if a dealership has removed the Brembo stuff then they would be obliged to supply and fit it.

Dealership will be far from happy. Tough luck.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 5d

Brembos where not available on that model. Hence stock brakes are not a downgrade they are the standard parts.

It's like saying removing the lights/sirens/etc is a downgrade.

Besides how do you know it was the dealer and not wapols mechanics who removed them for transfer onto another vehicle?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 28d

Cop spec is not available to the general public

I also believe the FG XR's did not have the option for brembos

Only FPV's had up grade option to 6 and then 4's on rear

• Like 1

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 3d

you cannot option brembos for a non FPV falcon.

I fought tool and nail to get brembos from factory on my FG XR8.

ended up dropping $5k and got the 6/4 combo from FTG.

it is not possible. end thread.

peter, that will fit easy, I had 19x10 +10 on the front of mine - look at the room

84ec0ac1c89cef54ceb96739fe270c0f.jpg

Edited by Tocchi
  • Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 18d

Prove me wrong Keith, find a private order non fpv FG with Factory Fitted Brembos.

I must be wrong in my thinking :) Must have been because I've seen so many FG XR6T's with brembo brakes that I figured they'd have to be an option - they must have all bought them aftermarket (probably a cheaper/better option anyway).

EDIT: referring to:

(FG) http://australiancar.reviews/_pdfs/FPV_Range_FGI_Brochure_201010.pdf - no mention of "Brembo" or "4-piston" or "6-piston".

(FG2) http://australiancar.reviews/_pdfs/Ford_Falcon_FGII_Brochure_201308.pdf - again, no mention of "Brembo" or "4-piston" or "6-piston".

(FGX) http://australiancar.reviews/_pdfs/Ford_Falcon_FGX_Brochure_201411.pdf - mentions Brembo's standard on XR8 (of course) and non-brembo's for below XR8. No mention of brake upgrade options...

It surprises me that there were no options for an upgrade in FG's when there was in B-Series. :)

Edited by k31th

• Member For: 15y 9m 12d

Brembos where not available on that model. Hence stock brakes are not a downgrade they are the standard parts.

Besides how do you know it was the dealer and not wapols mechanics who removed them for transfer onto another vehicle?

Ah, it's a Perth car.

I'm dumb. I thought it was a NSW or Victoria car (ie saw the comment about Brembos removed and assumed it was an eastern states cop car).

NSW and Vic police pursuit cars have Brembo calipers from the factory. WA police get standard, boring brakes.

I could never figure out why WA police don't at least get the PBR C5 calipers with 325mm discs.

Or, get Brembo calipers and transfer them from car to car (ie rebuild the calipers each time).