My Stock G6 To Manual Turbo Build.

apolloxbgt

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 12y

progress moving along very quick with amazing results buds...man G6's look awesome with xr8 bulges...too tuff!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 16d

Did the last bit on the trim and bled up the clutch last night.

The bleeder for the clutch is way up in the bellhousing,what a pita.

Also did the icc change while so it could be coded to the car while it was in at Ford.

IMG-20120703-00898.jpg

IMG-20120703-00899.jpg

IMG-20120703-00903.jpg

The trim done,complete with the missus (it was her daily up untill this started) air freshener.

IMG-20120703-00902.jpgIMG-20120703-00901.jpg

That was about it till it went to ford.

Today started out like this at 7.30am at the local dealer:

IMG-20120704-00906.jpg

And ended up like this:

IMG-20120704-00918.jpg

Getting it's first drink of ultimate.

It was almost that easy lol.It it throwing an abs/dsc/traction code now and none of them are working which makes it rather "interesting" to drive.

The tech at Ford tells me that the abs unit is too old for the car,and that I'll have to find the one with the code he has given me and it should clear the code.

I then tell him that's the abs unit that was fitted into this car at the factory,puzzled looks all round.

The only thing I can put it down to is that the diff still has the abs sensors out of the 12/09 xr6t while the rest of the abs system is out of the 05/10 G6,apparently Ford changed the abs modual mid may and my car is late may so has the later stuff.

I''ll try to change the sensors in the morning,then get the scan tool on it and see if we cant clear the codes.

All in all a good result though,the car still drives like a new car should.If anything there are less rattles in the trim now than it had before and none at all in the dash(win as I farking hate dash rattles)The power is awesome,you need to be quick on the gear changes as it screams up to the rev limiter.

I've read on here of a few conversion fails with guy's ending up with less power than a stock xr6t after doing a conversion,because I've used all factory parts I've avoided that .It sounds and goes like a jet and gives me the platform I wanted to start from to modify.

• Like 4

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 23d

Wow, absolutely awesome to see this thread start and finish (yes actually FINISH!) in such a small time frame..you need a pat on the back mate, good stuff :spoton:

Pretty cool seeing a manual limo lol, makes it unique and still standard haha

Well done again on an awesome build!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 4d

Hey Anth, didn't even realise this was your thread love it.

You've bought a great looking car and personalised in a big thumbs up way in everything from the bonnet to the running gear.

I am like you with old school stuff but when it comes to the new you really hit the nail on the head with it well done should be proud of yourself mate very impressive build.

What mods you looking at doing once you have cleared the codes?

I can see you taking this down to Heathcote. ;)

These turbo's are amazing!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 4d

Hey Nick,thanks mate.

I reckon turbo,cooler,pipes,injectors,dump and cat & tune.

Once you get used to that power you will only want more, they are so amazing its not funny.

I know with a 8 you stomp it and you know which way to handle it but with these they are different in every way.