My Stock G6 To Manual Turbo Build.

apolloxbgt

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 24d

Thanks for all the props guy's.I dont see it as that big a project to be honest.I'm a panel beater by trade,normally when I start building a car it's a rusty,dented old piece of sh*t that needs a million hours spent to make it straight,bolting sh*t together is easy lol.That being said it helps to have help :)

We had a go at fixing the brakes today.When the diff was done it was left as is with the abs sensors off the xr so I thought that might be tripping the code,after hooking it up to the scan tool there was no joy.Next thing I reckon I'll try will be the abs unit out of the xr6,the g6 already has the ecu and body control modual out of the xr so it has to be worth a shot.

ever built a ute tray?

Do ya wanna? ;)

Yeah,nothing as flash as what your doing though,one of the old work utes:

IMG-20120105-00305_exposure.jpg

IMG-20120105-00308_exposure.jpg

Good job, should have got a speed bleeder for the slave to save mucking around alot quicker to bleed the slave ohwell when the new clutch goes in lol

I reckon the new clutch will be the first mod,so I'll might look at it then.That being said,it was probably more messy than anything which was annoying,I dont know how often I'd do it though so it depends what one is worth.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 24d

Fixed the abs and dsc today.

Ford told me to get a mid 2010 abs unit,I fitted the december 09 unit out of the xr6t and hey presto.

All the codes are cleared,and every things working.Although I must say the traction control is all but useless in first and second :P

Also had the aircon regassed so the new dual zone is all working perfectly.

And that's about it for phase one (the stock phase).

I now have what I believe to be the firs manual g series in the country,and it drives and goes as good as if Ford had built it themselves.

Bring on the mods!

• Like 4