nathos Member 26 Member For: 16y 7m 21d Posted 10/06/12 12:33 PM Posted 10/06/12 12:33 PM Im looking to do the first round of mods on my bf2not looking to spend much coin and have done a fair bit of research about the tunethe xcal3 with tune is looking at roughly 1500$ and it seems vcm can be done for about 800$?the way I see it is, yes it may not be quite as good. but my rationale is that with the 700$ saving I can buy some 42lb injectors and a highflow cat or a gutted cat and a monza cooler or a better brand second hand cooler.The question im asking is, ive searched all over the internet... who in melbourne tunes xr6ts with vcm suite that are reasonably reliable?Also would the power levels achieved on a vcm compared to sct be substanitally different on a xr6t with just the basic mods; ie injectors, cat, typhoon intake, possibly fuel pump?
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Posted 10/06/12 12:50 PM Posted 10/06/12 12:50 PM Im running 385rwkw on vcm... Get a high flow cat, cheap cooler walbro pump and 42lb injectors and youl make 300rwkw.... Wont be consistant without a good cooler though, nothing wrong with vcm just not as versatile
nathos Member 26 Member For: 16y 7m 21d Posted 10/06/12 01:04 PM Author Posted 10/06/12 01:04 PM hey mate thanks for the reply?do you think you could tell me what tuner you used?and yeah that's the plan.. I just bought 42lb bosch injectors and a monza cooler for 200bucks... I already have a cai put injust need the cat and fuel pump which should be roughly 300 each? so for under 2000 I should be right for 300rwkw? unless im missing something....what mods have you done to get the 385?
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 10/06/12 04:09 PM Posted 10/06/12 04:09 PM Fuel pumps can be had for $150 delivered for a walbro, cats for $200-250. Your 42lbs will be maxed at 300. As for tuning with VCM, I thought They were based in ringwood? Or somewhere south of Melbourne.
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 6d Gender: Male Posted 10/06/12 05:17 PM Posted 10/06/12 05:17 PM Yeah VCM suite is based in knoxfield.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Posted 10/06/12 10:38 PM Posted 10/06/12 10:38 PM Im in brisbane so cant help u there... Got a thread in 300+ have a look there... Yeh 2000 should get u there ithink I spent just over that To get to 300 1
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 11/06/12 12:11 AM Posted 11/06/12 12:11 AM Get rid of the Monza cooler. They're hopeless at cooling. Do it right the first time. You'll save yourself money and hassles in the end. If you're struggling to afford mods in the first place then you should consider not modding at all IMO. 1
Nomis Member 231 Member For: 16y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 11/06/12 12:27 AM Posted 11/06/12 12:27 AM Springy Performance in springvale, JD custom in Mornington, Pit lane in Frankston I think uses it if you request it! I was in the same boat my brother got burnt by sct so we decided to use VCM and looked around S.E suburbs.
nikofgxr6t Legacy Donating Member 284 Member For: 15y 8m 5d Gender: Male Posted 11/06/12 12:50 AM Posted 11/06/12 12:50 AM (edited) My car is vcm tuned done by Rajab I seem to get good results Edited 11/06/12 12:51 AM by nikofgxr6t
JGP Legacy Donating Member 309 Member For: 16y 30d Gender: Male Posted 11/06/12 02:25 AM Posted 11/06/12 02:25 AM Yeah VCM suite is based in knoxfield.Yep, and they are expensive. I got a quote of them once, one of my 1st posts on this forum:http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/70460-greetings-question/page__p__1039024__hl__vcm%20suite__fromsearch__1#entry1039024
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now