ssstututu Member 88 Member For: 14y 9m 27d Posted 26/05/12 02:39 PM Posted 26/05/12 02:39 PM Hey all me and a mate whipped up a second air intake into the air box. What I used was 90mm pvc storm drain pipe thingo was like $4 from bunnings then I used 4inch air con ducting ($15) which I routed to the lower mouth of the front bar and then also I made up and air defector to go into the standard small mouth intake so far I noticed coolant temps down a bit. And a bit better throttle response.turned out pretty neat.
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 28/05/12 04:15 AM Posted 28/05/12 04:15 AM Well done dude - If it feels better & temps are improved, gotta be happy with that for a cheap knock together.
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 17d Gender: Male Posted 28/05/12 04:54 AM Posted 28/05/12 04:54 AM When I bought my car, the bloke before me had done a similar thing. Worked pretty well.
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 28/05/12 05:08 AM Posted 28/05/12 05:08 AM I used the 180mm ducting for mine but I cut the whole front out in an oval shape to fit it in. The standard intake on the box is sealed over as the intake piping on my f6x runs in front of the opening so couldn't be used!I only ran the ducting until it was under the headlight though...
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 13d Gender: Male Posted 28/05/12 05:14 AM Posted 28/05/12 05:14 AM I was gonna do this using the black corrigated plastic piping they use underground.. Where you get the duct from? Bunnings only sell 6-7 inch at min
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 21d Gender: Not Telling Posted 28/05/12 06:05 AM Posted 28/05/12 06:05 AM Nice DIY. I've done similar to good effect. If your really keen, you can also de-fin the lower and top sections of the air box for maximum efficiency. Cheers
ssstututu Member 88 Member For: 14y 9m 27d Posted 28/05/12 06:29 AM Author Posted 28/05/12 06:29 AM Ebay mate Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
ssstututu Member 88 Member For: 14y 9m 27d Posted 28/05/12 07:14 AM Author Posted 28/05/12 07:14 AM http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400289248905?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1311wt_1060here it is bunning wants like $35 for 1 meter of the sh*t
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 28/05/12 11:24 PM Posted 28/05/12 11:24 PM I cut a hole as big as poss in the front. plenty of air flowing through there...
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 21d Gender: Not Telling Posted 29/05/12 12:48 AM Posted 29/05/12 12:48 AM I cut a hole as big as poss in the front. plenty of air flowing through there...If you can box in, or use ducting, you will reduce the amount of hot under bonnet air entering the intake. Hot air travels with greater velocity (less dense), so there would be warm/hot air entering. Good for fuel economy, not good for performance. Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now