Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

My Rapid cooler on most runs starts at around 26 - 27 degrees and I've never seen it rise about 35 - 36 degree's

I'll take a short vid next time I'm at Joe's showing the scroll through from start of the run to the end!

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted (edited)

Here is an screen shot of an old run, the car is a BF XR6T auto ute using a V3.5 cooler and running 16 psi, low temp is 78.852f (26.0 c) and high is 103.726f (39.8 c) across a 1 gear run for approx 14 second run with the bonnet open and a 20,000 cfm fan blowing into it

RapidCoolerTemp.jpg

Edited by ratter
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 6m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastlish
Posted

My Rapid cooler on most runs starts at around 26 - 27 degrees and I've never seen it rise about 35 - 36 degree's

I'll take a short vid next time I'm at Joe's showing the scroll through from start of the run to the end!

So 63 degrees???

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

my bad double post!

post-47384-0-43766700-1337165570_thumb.p

post-47384-0-81051100-1337165614_thumb.p

Edited by Kosij
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

it was 26.9c

IAT never got higher then 94f started at 88f

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

I should also mention that the higher the boost, the higher the intake temps will likely be, no matter what cooler is used, compared to the same cooler on a similar car using less boost.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 10m 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Evil xr6t, chuck the battery in the boot mate. Easy to do yourself and a hell of a lot less than $470

  • Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Mick my runs were with 21 - 22 lbs of boost so I must say we are all pretty impressed with the Rapid bit of gear!

I'll try and get some data up tomorrow for you.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

Please do not take my comments as knocking the Rapid cooler, far from it, it works quite well, it's just the numbers being posted originally do not look genuine.

Your data would be good Veva, are you data logging via livelink or to the dyno computer from the obd2 port?

We have to remember also that if you run a bigger turbo that will also help with intake temps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...