Bad Apples Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 21y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 08/05/12 03:37 PM Posted 08/05/12 03:37 PM Hi all,I recently visited my tuners again, I have had some good result in the past from them.I phoned ahead and advised of my most recent modifications.So when I got there, they asked "so you have modified (x)?""yeah" I replied."that's going to take AGES to tune" they replied.so I say, "I've got all day"."well I don't that's for sure", they reply......Is this normal? I expected more help, these guys portray themselves as expert professionals.I was quite disappointed, but give the tight schedule I had, and a real need to be tuned, we proceeded with the tune.Am I being unreasonable? How do I give them a better heads up?please advise.
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/05/12 04:01 PM Posted 08/05/12 04:01 PM I guess the million dollar question is.... what did you modify??
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/05/12 04:51 PM Posted 08/05/12 04:51 PM (edited) ^^^^could be so many different things. I'm guessing you have something well and truly out of the ordinary.No matter what the case though you need to see a different tuner. There are so many out there who do have the time for someone who is genuine.Not sure where you are located, maybe let everyone know so they can help find the right person for you.If in Melbourne I would say visit Pit lane or Nizpro. Edited 08/05/12 04:55 PM by dre
EFSIX I Lead Not Follow... Member 1,026 Member For: 14y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Westside,Melbourne Posted 08/05/12 05:07 PM Posted 08/05/12 05:07 PM ^^^ also try out blue power..if your in melb that is.. 1
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/05/12 05:08 PM Posted 08/05/12 05:08 PM all day on the dyno would cost a pretty penny
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 08/05/12 09:12 PM Posted 08/05/12 09:12 PM +1 Bluepower 1
Bad Apples Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 21y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 08/05/12 11:38 PM Author Posted 08/05/12 11:38 PM It was in another city, but I'm in Adelaide now, can anyone recommend a good tuner here?
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 08/05/12 11:40 PM Posted 08/05/12 11:40 PM another tuner will have to start from scratch with your tune if using SCT
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Posted 08/05/12 11:54 PM Posted 08/05/12 11:54 PM What was the mod??It's not uncommon for a tuner to ask for a car for a couple of days.
Bad Apples Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 21y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 09/05/12 08:02 AM Author Posted 09/05/12 08:02 AM HI All,I'd rather not specify the mod, it wasn't a changed ECU/PCM or anything. I drove it there. They were fully aware of the changes ahead of time, and if it required a couple of days, then I could have arranged that in advance. No matter. Who's the best in Adelaide then?Cheers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now