Fordxr6Turbo.com Calendar

Adam

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y

Hi guys,

There was a suggestion made by Pazzo in the photography advice & discussion thread about doing a calendar of car photos. It sounds like a good idea and a bit of discussion followed, so I thought I'd start this thread to gauge the amount of interest and to nut out some ideas.

Doing this is quite a logistical effort and expense as already highlighted in the previous discussion. The following points spring to mind:

• Deciding which cars make the 12 cars needed.
  • Deciding on locations. I think it would be best if every car had a unique location.
  • Would interstate owners (outside of VIC) like to be involved?
  • To get this done by the end of the year I'd need to shoot 2 cars per month minimum.
  • The type of shots: Single image page. Multiple images of the car. Main image with a few smaller images etc etc.
  • Sales would need to be pre-order only with payment up front or there's a big risk of money being tied up in product that can't be recovered until it's sold.

If anyone has any suggestions for the 12 cars I'd love to hear them. Personally I think we need the cars that are a little unique to the scene. For example Rob's car comes to mind...

i-9PctS8T-M.jpg

Post up your thoughts, suggestions or otherwise. :spoton:

• Throbbing Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 20d

Sounds like a great idea, I'd buy one for sure.

On ct they have members cars in the banners. To choose the cars, members put up 2 or 3 pics of there cars in a thread and they get chosen from that. Maybe do something like that and people can vote on what cars they want and then you do a shoot?

Edit: making only donating members eligible to be in the calender could be an idea too

Edited by Bigkeels

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 4d

December or January = picture of a massive group of members and their car together. Big area and whoever wants to attend will get to be in the photo. Good way to boost sales.

Edited by Paulie2256
  • Like 3

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 29d

Always had in my mind since reading about this idea, that car you posted up Adam should definitely be in it. Such a nice car :spoton: dus10 is another that comes to mind (quick before sold or put to stock and sold!!) Ma77y with that sweet engine bay and how it sits, perfect rim choice for the colour imo

Yeh I reckon members and cars group photo on front with a big fordxr6turbo.com logo down the bottom. Main pic on each month with 3 or 4 inset pics showing different angles/interior/engine bay/boot if it has a sound system setup?

Just some ideas :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 4d

Well you know I would buy one, Robs car is worthy of a cover that's for sure. If it's a quick and good looking car, you could even have a couple of action shots of it taken off at the lights at Calder.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 6d

I would buy one. If it had my car on it somewhere.

A collage of members cars on one month?

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m

QIK1 would be a good one for this, if someone in SE Qld can do a shoot, and if the engine stays in it long enough.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y

I'll be doing the photos for the calendar. It makes it consistent, I know the level of quality I need, I don't have to deal with ill feelings if someone's photo doesn't get selected and I'll know that I did everything I could to get the shot.

My vision is for there to be a bit of wow factor in the shot for each month.

While I'm sure everyone would love their car to be featured, including me, we need to realise that if there's not anything special about the car then it's just not going to make the cut. I know that's harsh, but that's just the truth of it.