Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Parramatta, NSW
Posted

I'm in no hurry at the moment, just waiting for the right deal to come along. Would the EOFY sales be for all of June or only the last 2 weeks or what?

I always thought I'd never buy a new car but I'm sick of trying to find a second hand one that hasn't had an accident, needs major services or has some problem so now I realise why people do just buy new.

  • Like 1
  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

Not sure to be honest but the sales would be around for a little while. Not just like a week deal or whatnot. Still go to a few dealers as well, I bet there would be different prices at each dealer, or push a dealer to a better price than others.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

There is a bit of false advertising on Carsales also. They advertise a good price for a G6Et 2 but then you ring and its for a XR6t 2. They waste your time and if I had time would take this issue further.

The best deals come from the ex-ford and even some demo cars which are really to low too km to be real demo cars.

Be aware that there are alot of hail damaged 12/2011 cars around. I was going to buy a series 11 but didnt like the front of the series 1 G6e and Ford really didnt do much of an update except for the ICC unit. So I just got an older series 1 and now will wait for a series 111 to see if there are any decent changes to make it worthwhile.

Edited by turbotrana
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 27d
Posted

I was offered a 2011 plated unregistered FG Mk II G6ET in Edge that's in stock on the floor today for $50,450 drive away including floor mats this morning at Jefferson ford. That's the best deal I've seen so far and if it had of been Smoke, White or Silver I woudl have gone for it.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Parramatta, NSW
Posted

Yeah, I've had the same thing happen off car sales ads so I've pretty much stopped looking at them.

I've had offers for 12/2011 cars but so many have hail damage it's safer and easier to just avoid all of the ones made then.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 7m 23d
Posted

Don't want to sh*t anyone. But I bought my FG mkii xr6 turbo for $30,000!

It's brand new! Not a demo. I love it. It's my first turbo as well.

Reason for the price tag? It had hail damage. Seriously the most minor I've ever seen! I work as a spray painter so I got my work to PDR the dints. now you would never know!

Good deals are out there!

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 27d
Posted

Yeah the hail damaged cars are bargins if you can find one I've been offered a fully repaired hail damaged 2011 plate G6ET FG Mk II for $46,500 drive away ...it was however black ....

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Parramatta, NSW
Posted

Lowest written figure is $56,500 at the moment.

Who offered you $52K drpopper if you don't mind me asking? Was that a new car or a demo?

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 27d
Posted

Lowest new car price was for a 2011 plate non hail damaged car. New and unregistered at $50,450 drive away from Jefferson ford. With haggling I've had sub $52.5k from three seperate Melbourne dealers on 2012 plated new cars. In fact I'd suggest about $52,300 is about the bottom line drive away on a 2012 plate car at the moment. I can't help feel better deals are around the corner so like you I'm going to wait until the end of the May when EOFY sales pressure will combine with end of month sales pressure.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Parramatta, NSW
Posted

Thanks mate. Yeah, late May is looking like a good idea. The dealers in Sydney must just be stingy. As soon as I start mentioning $55K or anything lower they pretty much seize up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...