New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 7y 5m 8d

Hi all new member looking for advice on building a One Tonner LPG turbo just about to go out and buy a either an FG or BF ute would appreciate thoughts posted and exact description in the ute section

cheers

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Depends on your power goals, I can't quite recall but I think LPG kits max out around 350rwkw don't they?  A couple guys on here run LPG.

Normally on pump 98 or E85 you just get anything after 06/06 build date and install good quality injectors/exhaust/intercooler/fuel pump to get mid 300's rwkw and run 11's in an auto.  Depending on your luck might need valve springs.  This is ignoring other things that might need fixing like suspension of course.

• Like 1

• Member For: 7y 5m

Gday. Hopefully posting in the right place. My names Nathan. I own an 03' BA XR6 Turbo sedan 5sp manual with 143km. Mercury silver with leather/suede interior, premium sound etc. I live on the Gold Coast & have worked for Ford as a mechanic for the last 8 years.

Engine/box: Pretty much stock with the exception of a K&N filter & a centre muffler delete. Alloy overflow bottle. Aeroflow fuel pump. Malwood clutch with alloy throw out bearing with braided slave cyl bleed line. 

Suspension : SL Kingsprings up front, SSL in the rear with KYB shocks all round. Big Whiteline front & rear sway bars. Slotted & drilled rotors with Bendix Ultimate pads. SuperPro diff bushes. SuperPro blade arm bushes. Fresh genuine Ford lower/upper outters etc. Freshend up LSD with 3.46 gears.

Inside: Not overly special. All globes are LED. 18% tint.

Outside: Not really worth mentioning. Paint is pretty average. LED number plate globes & parkers. H.O.D 90/100w globes.

Future plans are now that Ive got everything underneath it up to scratch, to start working on the motor. Next part ill most likely buy will be a Powerbond underdrive kit as my belt & tentioner are getting a lil sad.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

G'day Nathan, welcome.  You've got one of the early ones!  Suspension works sounds decent.  You might already be aware, but I've read here that 5 speed manuals break kinda easy if you aren't careful, even at stock power, so watch out.  Any plans to go T56 along with power mods?

• Member For: 7y 5m

Hey guys thanks for the welcome. Yes I have read that about the 5sp box's. So far so good with mine. I'm running CASTROL SYNTRANS Z LONG LIFE 75W-80 in it which has defiantly improved the gearshifts compared to whatever oil was in it when I bought it. But yeah if/when it breaks, I'll defiantly upgrade.

I will upload pics asap.