New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 7d

G'day boys,

Just sitting in the sheds at work (raining outside) so I thought I might aswell register and say hi to all you fellas.

I dont have an xr6t as of yet but I am well on my way to getting one. Im looking to get a 2008-onwards FG XR6T (currently driving a tired 1993 R33 GTS25).

While I am here I might aswell ask, what price range would I be looking at for my purchase?

I have about 18k cash saved up so far and would also like to know:

- should I take out a loan to make up the difference or

- just grit my teeth and save up the rest aswell.

Thanks in advance and looking foward to getting to know you lads.

• Member For: 13y 3m 16d

Depends if you want it today or tomorrow :)

Always better to save if you can wait that long and you have other wheels. And the longer you wait the lower the price will be on the vehicle you want. The FG's seem to be going through a price drop here atm. Have seen them for $nz 25k with about 100,000 on the clock.

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 2d

Yeah as above has said, with the release of the FG MKII the prices are getting lower each week.

I wish I could have paid cash for my car, having a debt just screws things up when you want to do anything

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 15d

On the subject of Debt, I agree wholeheartedly.

However, I've been considering something. What are people's thought's on taking out a loan simply to maintain cash for emergencies. I.e. I have been considering paying half cash and half loan even though I already have the entire amount in cash so that I maintain a balance of cash in reserve. Is it worth the interest (in my case, it would be no more than $30K paid off quickly) which would be ~$2,250 total over the loan life, to have say $30K in reserve instead of spending the entire $60K? It also means that in the event I lost my job or whatever, I would still have the cash to pay out the entire loan...

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 2d

Yeah, I stupidly forgot to use my loan insurance when the company I use to work for went under, and I was without a job for about 9 weeks.

Only when I just transferred my loan from one company to another and the lady on the phone was talking about loan insurance and how stupid people are for not using it, did I really realise that I was one of those stupid people.

Just totally slipped my mind but it is definitely well worth it.

My loan of 26k over 5 years paid 2.2k insurance - and if you pay the loan off early, the remaining months left on the insurance until it was meant to be paid off is refunded to you.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 28d

The cheapest FG on carsales at the mo is 25k so I guess it depends on how much you can save a week vs how long you can wait. Personally I'd go the loan that way you'll have the car and some of your own cash left to buy shiny things for your new toy!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 15d

or you could buy a house and put the car on the house :)

Is that aimed at me? I have thought of getting a house cause I'm good at saving/budgeting but the repayments for even $200,000 freak me out :/

• Member For: 16y 8m 3d

Well after years of procrastinating I finally decided to take the plunge like I almost did 3 1/2yrs ago. Having just off loaded my diesel Pajero I've placed an order for a FG mkII XR6 Turbo, I'm going with Vixen and chucking in a few extras like the luxo pack plus the other standards like mats etc.

I'll post a pic when I finally take deliver of it in 2-4wks.

Dennis

• Like 1