Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, soon to be Townsville.
Posted

I'm on my p's and don't want to attract any attention from the cops so looking at spray painting the cooler black, can the paint cause any problems? Cheers

  • Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Atherton, FNQ
Posted

The factory Ba intercooler is painted black, so you should not have to many problems.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, soon to be Townsville.
Posted

Really? The intercooler on my ute is silver so I guess the previous owner changed it. So could spray paint fck anything?

  • Spooling Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 9m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blue Mountains, NSW
Posted

Do you have an exemption? Not worth risking your licence and a huge fine IMO.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, soon to be Townsville.
Posted (edited)

No exemption. Already got the ute though.. Now need to blend in

Edited by Racsta
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 19y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Macksville NSW.
Posted

I wanted a stealth look for mine too....so I just sprayed the lower 100mm of the cooler flat black.....paint won't hurt it...

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 3m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane QLD
Posted

Wow... Aren't you a f*ck head. I hope you get caught, loose your licence and car... Why don't you be like every other P plater, do your 4 years, then be legal with it all.

I just pray to god you don't kill someone else from being inexperienced....

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

gee dont hold back TXR05 lol

but Racsta spraying your cooler will be fine. all my mates have done it with no problems.

But abit risky driving a turbo on P plates. good luck.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, soon to be Townsville.
Posted (edited)

Cheers bionic and ford freak. And I got a turbo cos its my money and can spend it on whatever the fck I want and these sh*tty laws try and tell me what I can and cant drive and if you ever saw me cruise you'd see im as sensible as they get. Also for all you know I could have more expierence than you. I didn't post this question to get judged but to find out if it's safe to spray paint my intercooler. Cheers

Edited by Racsta
  • I <3 Floods
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South West QLD
Posted

Mate the problem of the matter really is that if you're driving a turbo car on your P's you're probably not covered by any insurances including compulsory third party.. I'm not gonna swear at you or call you names but you wanna think mighty bloody hard about it before you go do something that might risk anyone else's life or property!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...