Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 07/02/12 12:27 AM Posted 07/02/12 12:27 AM Standard nuts are 47 mm, Thread is 1/2 inch and head is 13/16" or 21 mmI need longer than standard for my new wheels any idea what the next length up is?
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 07/02/12 06:40 AM Posted 07/02/12 06:40 AM Corzza,When I was looking for wheels I was given this name, Terry at Bosnjak Engineering Sydney. He makes wheel nuts for the falcon in black from special aircraft grade aluminium. Maybe you could try him.Benny.
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 07/02/12 07:49 PM Posted 07/02/12 07:49 PM Thank Benny il give him a call
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 07/02/12 08:52 PM Posted 07/02/12 08:52 PM Any machine shop can make them. Just need contact angle, thread size/pitch, and length. They can even do it cheap if some Hex bar is available in the material you want. If they have to cut the hex then it will cost a few $$$ more. I think if you can buy them off the shelf you will save a lot of coin.I made a few up for cranes and bigger gear, weren't worried about weight and just needed to handle a rattle gun.
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 08/02/12 12:34 AM Posted 08/02/12 12:34 AM Appreciate the advice mate!
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 09/02/12 01:57 AM Posted 09/02/12 01:57 AM Corzza,When I was looking for wheels I was given this name, Terry at Bosnjak Engineering Sydney. He makes wheel nuts for the falcon in black from special aircraft grade aluminium. Maybe you could try him.Benny.12 buckeroos each!
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 09/02/12 02:06 AM Posted 09/02/12 02:06 AM If they have to cut the hex then it will cost a few $$$ more. I think if you can buy them off the shelf you will save a lot of coin.$12 each sounds about right, like I said - off the shelff mass produced will be a lot cheaper.You could always get the machine shop to face off the blank end of your current wheel nuts. would be cheap but probably still the same price as some listed further up in this thread. Some of the ones in the pics are open ended anyway
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 16/02/12 09:19 PM Posted 16/02/12 09:19 PM The reason I ask is I need to find ones that will fit my new rims.
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 16/02/12 09:31 PM Posted 16/02/12 09:31 PM What taper / contact angle do they have?
TALEB TYRES Member 131 Member For: 15y 4m 19d Gender: Male Posted 16/02/12 11:07 PM Posted 16/02/12 11:07 PM (edited) This might help1/2" tapered seat for ford, set of 20 spline drive, comes with key(19/21mm)$30 a set. $10 delivery aust wide.These are not aluminium or light weight,just a note, I've had these on my car for a couple years now, perfect for everday use( no issues like the lightweight ones), paint is still very much intact despite many meetings with our rattle guns! Edited 16/02/12 11:14 PM by TALEB TYRES 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now