Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Any updates on best place to get power apart from the cigarette lighter?

Thanks

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gippsland
Posted

Any updates on best place to get power apart from the cigarette lighter?

Thanks

'Seems' like the best place is the Ignition rail on the fuse panel. There should be a spare to use.

Haven't had time to do it yet, but I will confirm as soon as I know.

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

'Seems' like the best place is the Ignition rail on the fuse panel. There should be a spare to use.

Haven't had time to do it yet, but I will confirm as soon as I know.

Ok thanks if I get the chance I'll also have a look

  • 1 month later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hey Guys

Thought a few of you might be interested in this. I put this boost gauge in recently. Its a custom no holes job lol. I mounted it on the pillar and used some double sided foam stuff and zip ties. The wires and vacuum tube then go behind the pillar, down the door rubbers and through the grommet in the footwell. I spliced the +ve wire onto my parker light so the gauge only lights up when I turn my lights on.

The position at the moment is a bit high but that's why I havent drilled any holes yet! I will probably move it to sit lower or sit on the dash (near the speaker)

IMG_6129.jpg

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gippsland
Posted

Looks the good mate. But better with out the cable ties! :P

Does it vibrate much at higher speeds?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Actually I dont really notice them lol. Not when im driving anyway.

No doesn't vibrate at all because of the foam bits I stuck on. Its like double sided tape foam not sure what its called

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 11m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth - WA
Posted

Those pillars are about ~$64pr from memory. If you're worried about drilling holes, just go get some new ones to replace them when you're done with your boost gauge.

  • 1 month later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gippsland
Posted

'Seems' like the best place is the Ignition rail on the fuse panel. There should be a spare to use.

Haven't had time to do it yet, but I will confirm as soon as I know.

Lads,

I gave this spare fuse slot on the "ignition" rail a go. Not a good idea. Had the reverse effect to what was desired. Boost gauge started reading 30VAC at idle and boosted to 15VAC :S :S :S. Long story short, Stick with the +12v DC supply from the back of the cigarette lighter.

I can post a pic up if any1 is interested in investigating the ignition supply more.

Cheers.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Noble Park
Posted

Great write up.

Is it possible to have the gauge lights to dim with the dash/ICC. Can anyone recommend a autolec in Dandenong area

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: north QLD
Posted (edited)

I will be looking for a different power source as mine wont calibrate properly on start up cuts out and is out of wack only the boost gauge is affected.. its about 10 out sits on 5vac and boosts to over 30psi lol.. tuner figured out what was happening yesterday when ute was on the dyno.

Edited by CHLAXN

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...