Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

2.26 60 footer, I was around that when I was stock and stalling it up, so not too bad for off idle! I wonder what the best 60 anyone has gotten off idle is.

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

went back to the plex last night, first run I managed to do a 12.1 @ 122 mph with 2.17 60 foot. that was still launching off idle. so I figured I would get it to run an 11, so I tried a few agressive launches, stalling it up a bit, but it did not like it at all. for some reason it felt really laggy when I stall it up a bit. felt very odd. both times I tried to stall it up a bit, it only went 12.5, but the 60 footer was in the 2.0 range. didnt make much sense to me

  • Like 1
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Auto issues? Slipping maybe? Did it feel normal on shifts?

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

nah, once the turbo started doing its job, it felt smooth. it was the time it took to spool up...whenever I did an agressive launch, it felt like the turbo was taking longer to kick in. shifts were nice and firm as usual too

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pertthh W.A
Posted

What was the mph difference?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 25d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

If you dont mind me asking. How much did that cooler, piping and over boost valve setup cost? Looks very very appealing to me :)

Edited by MX Dave
  • BANNED
  • Banned
  • Member For: 19y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: banned
Posted

went back to the plex last night, first run I managed to do a 12.1 @ 122 mph with 2.17 60 foot. that was still launching off idle. so I figured I would get it to run an 11, so I tried a few agressive launches, stalling it up a bit, but it did not like it at all. for some reason it felt really laggy when I stall it up a bit. felt very odd. both times I tried to stall it up a bit, it only went 12.5, but the 60 footer was in the 2.0 range. didnt make much sense to me

I found by selecting 2nd I could build 8psi on the handbrake then on the last amber I puched 1st and went 1.89 60* and a 11.8 in the middle of summer :)

Something to do with torque tags as usual in the 6sp...

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

What was the mph difference?

the first run when I did the 12.1, it was 122mph, the 2 runs when I tried an agressive stall up, both were 117mph

If you dont mind me asking. How much did that cooler, piping and over boost valve setup cost? Looks very very appealing to me :)

if I remember rightly, its around 3 grand. including the re-tune fee.

  • Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

As I said before I was weighing my options for a new engine...and got hit with a stroke of luck. A cousin of mine decided to sell his engine that he had built a while back, as he has a baby on the way. So I bought it. It was built to handle 1000hp, so its definately good for what I want it for. It came with a GT42R turbo, that im not sure if I will use or not - thinking of selling it and going for a Precision turbo instead. Also already has 6 boost manifold. only thing it doesnt already have is a strong head gasket, it still has the stock one. But I have a Cometic headgasket on the way already.

cant wait to get it in an running. pics below

post-42147-0-76398600-1335087798_thumb.j

post-42147-0-64979200-1335087862_thumb.j

Edited by Nubbs
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...