Stoney85 Member 29 Member For: 14y 11m 23d Posted 07/11/11 01:39 AM Posted 07/11/11 01:39 AM I'm looking at getting a BF ute soon (xr6 turbo of course) and have been studying up on what wheel specs can fit easily. And it seems the most common answer is 8.5" +35 or there abouts.My question is would a 9" +20 protrude from the guards and if so by how much? Has anyone got pics of some decent offset rims on a falcon?And would a 19x10 +20 fit under the rear without dramas?
j.d Member 1,222 Member For: 16y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 07/11/11 01:49 AM Posted 07/11/11 01:49 AM Henz had 19x9.5 +40 under the rear of his bf ute without dramas I have that set up on my fg without a problem
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 07/11/11 02:49 AM Posted 07/11/11 02:49 AM And next time I'll put that down to a +12 for proper fitment.
Stoney85 Member 29 Member For: 14y 11m 23d Posted 07/11/11 03:16 AM Author Posted 07/11/11 03:16 AM So a 19x10 +20 rear is spot on then, Can a 9.5 fit on the front with a 235 and some negative camber if it's a +20 or would something with even less offset be a better option.I like to see the guards filled, even if it requires a little pump/flare to stop the rubbing
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/11/11 03:27 AM Posted 07/11/11 03:27 AM Why put a 9.5 on the front if your gonna have such a skinny tyre?
Stoney85 Member 29 Member For: 14y 11m 23d Posted 07/11/11 04:35 AM Author Posted 07/11/11 04:35 AM I guess that desired look has come from my previous cars, all being lowered Nissan silvias with big offset rims.I know it's a pointless undertaking, but I like the flush look of a rim with the guard, the 235 was just an example though, but with a wider rim and the same width tyre, (I'm sure you all know) you get tyre stretch, hence closer tolerances can be obtained, less sidewall flex so the rim can be wider whilst the tyre still fits under the guard.I guess I'm looking down the path less travelled and I know why I am, because it's more work required, plus I haven't seen a single photo of a falcon with big offset guard filling rims.If I can get a 265 on a 10" rim on the front without getting out a sawzall then I'll do that over a 225 20" any day
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/11/11 08:49 AM Posted 07/11/11 08:49 AM need to look harder then theres a topic full of them hahaI put my old 18x9 +30 R34 GTR wheels on a mates BA and they sat pretty safe.never tried the FR19s on it thought, buy a FG its easier to work out offsets, as I know 19x10 +10 fits on the front
The Outsider Legacy Donating Member 1,205 Member For: 15y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Burwood, NSW Posted 07/11/11 05:11 PM Posted 07/11/11 05:11 PM need to look harder then theres a topic full of them haha^^^^^^pretty sure this guy right here has the best offset and wheels combination on an fg to this day!tocchi, do you think a 20x8.5 +15 will fit without too much effort? I dont really want to run camber if I can help it.though im willing to roll the guards if need be.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 07/11/11 06:14 PM Posted 07/11/11 06:14 PM 18x9.5 +12 and 18x10.5 +15
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 9d Gender: Male Posted 07/11/11 08:27 PM Posted 07/11/11 08:27 PM After looking at that pic I think im gunna have to go home and stick my P45's on. 18x9.5 +12 all round :D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now