Replacing Globes

Terri Eagle

• Member For: 12y 4m 24d

My dealer says the manual is "in the mail", so quick question... Is there any trick to removing the headlight globes in the FG XR6? Changed the parkers in about 5 seconds, but the H4 globes didn't want to budge and I didn't want to snap anything. Yank harder or is here a trick?

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

H4 globes are very easy to change. They lock into place with a twist. Just shove a camera with a flash behind there, take a pic and see how it opens :)

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Well, took a little longer than I expected :roflmbo: Was taking the battery out when the nut on the battery clamp bolt slipped out of my fingers and got lost somewhere in the engine bay. Farrk me - 20 min job turned into 1 hour while I diccked around the engine bay/underneath the car/hand pushed the car out the way looking for the farrken nut :nono: Eventually found the little bugger - was not on the ground but sitting atop some tubing on the drivers side of the Inter-cooler. Ah well, but changed the globe so all good now :thumbsup:

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

yer I wish I knew about the proper method to remove the clips, almost freekin busted the clips and headlights getting them off.

I got the 4300K ones too, still look yellow. esp the foggies. not happy. maybe try 5000K's in the foggies to help make it look whiter.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 12y 4m 24d

Being a girl with girlie sized hands, I don't have to remove anything to get to the lights :sungum: I was having issues with the plugs. Apparently the same girlie hands are not strong enough to squeeze the sides of the plugs easily. So you win some, you lose some. I changed to the phillips +100%. I wish they were white, but I need the extra light for the dark roads I travel on. I had the really white lights, but they just didn't produce the same amount of light.

It does look a little odd at the moment... I have really white parkers and really bright, but yellowish headlights.