Turbo Oil Drain/return Replacement

Guest 1600dave

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 6d

Mine seems to be leaking, not from the turbo itself though. Oil running down the pipe and dripping off the sump.

Is there any decent replacements that bolt up, as seems these leaking is a common problem, and prefer not to put a ford one back on if it'll leak again one day.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members

I was thinking of just a normal drain tube and rubber hose/clamp, or something braided perhaps.

Just not sure what fitting will suit the sump.

Check out sonic performance website, the drain section under turbo accessories on the left.

Alot of universal drain lines on ebay too.

Out of interest, what did the ford one cost? And how did you remove the turbo end?

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 22d

Could be just the 2o cent gasket on the turbo side.

Braided stainless would be nice and easy to knock up, the fittings on either end are just a simple 2 bolt flange

• Donating Members

Is the 2 bolt flange on the sump end something common though? Or did ford make it some gay size that nothing off the shelf will fit?

Doesn't look oily around the turbo end, and have read the pipe itself are prone to pinholes/splits etc.

• Member For: 12y 7m 21d

I made up a braided one at work. I made it so a thin copper pipe (sits 1mm into ports) with an o-ring on out the out side bolts up flush with the turbo and a pretty identical one for the sump. I couldnt get my sump to seal properly (previous owner stripped out the lower bolt on sump) not much room to drill and tap up a size. works a treat. only reduces the pipe ID a fraction so I cant see it creating any oil back up pressure. was a bit of a *beep* to make without boss noticing. not too difficult though.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 24d

Is the 2 bolt flange on the sump end something common though? Or did ford make it some gay size that nothing off the shelf will fit?

Doesn't look oily around the turbo end, and have read the pipe itself are prone to pinholes/splits etc.

the two bolt flange on the sump is the same as the turbo/same as a standard T3 core sized 2 bolt flange. I used two 94900's, two 94904 some -8 hose and a couple of clamps on my car. no leaks and servicable now.

http://www.sonicperf...il-Drain/pl.php

• Donating Members
I made up a braided one at work. I made it so a thin copper pipe (sits 1mm into ports) with an o-ring on out the out side bolts up flush with the turbo and a pretty identical one for the sump. I couldnt get my sump to seal properly (previous owner stripped out the lower bolt on sump) not much room to drill and tap up a size. works a treat. only reduces the pipe ID a fraction so I cant see it creating any oil back up pressure. was a bit of a *beep* to make without boss noticing. not too difficult though.

Don't suppose you want to make another? Haha.

Yeah I thought they looked the same, just had to be sure without removing it. The gaskets on the permaseal site looked slightly different too.

Ford quoted me $117 rrp for a new pipe, without gaskets!!

Think I'll get something made up.

Any better gaskets to use? Or just use a good sealant on the standard paper type gaskets?

• Donating Members

Did you use the 94904 16mmx30mm or 94906 19mmx30mm (the hose on their page is 19mm?)

I'm guessing the 16 or 19mm refers to the barb end for the hose??

Found this too, looks alright but I think 35cm would be too long. They do them in -8AN too.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Oil-Drain-Line-Garrett-GT28-GT30-GT35-35cm-10AN-/280758636534?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415e84cff6#ht_1885wt_1270