Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 04/10/12 12:32 PM Author Posted 04/10/12 12:32 PM (edited) Quite a few of us on here are running them now mate (Bellato & 1NSANE). I'm very happy with them - pretty sure so are the others. They're matched perfectly to the kings. I rate the ride better than stock on choppy stuff. They still have a sporty feel and handle rebound very well. The car feels planted without feeling every pebble in the road.The 3yr 60k warranty closed the deal for me. I seriously can't fault them. Unless you're chasing premium handling I think they're hard to beat. Edited 04/10/12 12:40 PM by Bomber
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/10/12 02:48 PM Posted 04/10/12 02:48 PM (edited) f*ck it I am sold.<br /><br />Was originally wanting a boy racer feel like my EL (custom springs, bilsteins and whiteline swaybars - handled so well for what it was 6 years ago but was tiresome on the choppy stuff) however have now decided comfort is where it's at. And more dollars for other chit. Like <br /> Edited 04/10/12 02:49 PM by old_mate
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 12d Gender: Male Posted 04/10/12 07:42 PM Posted 04/10/12 07:42 PM Haha they tried to sell me rda as well but I made them order in dba.
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 05/10/12 06:47 AM Author Posted 05/10/12 06:47 AM QFM are bloody awesome. They weren't due to run off another batch of the rear HPX pads for about a month. But, made me a set today. Now that's customer service. All fitted and bed in now Hi-Torque advised my new braided hoses have shown up this arvo. Still waiting on a price for the rotors.
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 20d Posted 05/10/12 07:07 AM Posted 05/10/12 07:07 AM (edited) f*ck it I am sold.<br /><br />Was originally wanting a boy racer feel like my EL (custom springs, bilsteins and whiteline swaybars - handled so well for what it was 6 years ago but was tiresome on the choppy stuff) however have now decided comfort is where it's at. And more dollars for other chit. Like <br />I had thrown a set of these in my last GTS. It was up to 120k and I was selling it to a friend. Thought Id do him a favour before I gave it to him.. I didnt rate them.They were matched to king springs by the way. But admittedly it was probably a little bit too low Good shocks are so critical.. more than any mod you could do Edited 05/10/12 07:09 AM by jimmixr
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 05/10/12 07:33 AM Author Posted 05/10/12 07:33 AM ^^^ probably a Expensive Daewoo thing - they're sh*t, lol. 1
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 20d Posted 05/10/12 07:36 AM Posted 05/10/12 07:36 AM agreed... They just felt less controlled than the 120k old shocks I was replacing..
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 20d Posted 05/10/12 08:17 AM Posted 05/10/12 08:17 AM Just to hijack I'm running sssl front and ssssl rear with monroe sports on 20's with not a whole lot of tyre and It's the same as it was stock on 19's. The stock suspension is quite stiff, a bit of an improvement performance wise over B series but lost a bit of its ride comfort. Definitely rate the monroe's for a street car. Can't comment on how they are for track though 1
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 06/10/12 09:51 AM Author Posted 06/10/12 09:51 AM Got my safebrake hose kit today. Looks to be good quality. Just need my rotors now.
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 09/10/12 08:56 AM Author Posted 09/10/12 08:56 AM Organised rotors today. Ended up going the 'povo' option with RDA slotted. Race brakes in Sydney are doing them insanely cheap atm. $250 delivery for all four! I know the DBA T3's are better quality but for my application, it's pretty hard to justify near $500 extra. 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now