E Boost + Tach Adapter

383ongiggle

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 24d

Ive worked it out.

For some reason I have had to splice the red/green to the positive coil wire and connect the red wire to a separate ignition source

Thanks for your help guys

• Member For: 11y 24d

Yes, the MSD instructions were to cut the coil power wire and connect the red wire to the cut side going back to the ecu/ignition source and connect the red/green wire to the cut side going to the coil. But I have now re-joined the original coil power wire and spliced the red/green wire to that, and put a separate ignition to the red wire

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member For: 16y 5m 18d

I am having trouble getting the MSD unit to operate corrrectly. I have installed as described ( cut into the positive /red wire on coil #6 ) which didnt work-it just ran rough on 5 cylinders so I tried Peppy-t92's solution. That too ran rough on 5.

I have checked the earth is good, got me stumped. Any ideas people?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 5m 18d

Many thanks to chilaxn for his help in trying to get the msd tach converter working for my Eboost2. As Peppy_t92 stated above, to get a MSD 8913 to provide a signal in a B series you need to splice the red with a black stripe wire of the MSD unit into the pink with a green stripe positive coil wire of number 3 cylinder.

Then take the positive power from the cigi lighter and attach to the red wire of the MSD unit. I used one of the bottom bolts holding the ICC unit in for an earth, and tucked the msd unit up behind the glovebox/transtunnel area and ran the coil signal wire through the grommet in the firewall behind the glovebox.

All working fine now, so I can correct boost relative to the rpm, and I also picked up a led shift light ring to make things a little easier at the strip.

After many emails to MSD they advised me to use a MSD 8918, which wires up the same way as I have done above but uses a clamp arangement on the coil wire , avoiding cutting wires. Either will work.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • REST IN PEACE V8
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6d

Having dramas with msd 1898 unit going to try auto meter unit

• REST IN PEACE V8
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6d

Tried that according to msd the processor in the eboost can't read with the msd unit. We tried from the computer as well also number 6 and 3 coil like the instructions said ordered an auto meter one see if that works once it's here. So much time trying to get it to work so frustrating

• 7 months later...