Guest mklee2 Guests Posted 19/11/03 11:48 PM Posted 19/11/03 11:48 PM I placed my order yesterday for a phantom xr6t and the dealer in VIC mentioned they have a scheduled list to have a dec build car. The problem is christmas where the factory basically closes down so it that occurs he mentioned the earliest would be mid Jan.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/11/03 01:59 AM Author Posted 20/11/03 01:59 AM I placed my order yesterday for a phantom xr6t and the dealer in VIC mentioned they have a scheduled list to have a dec build car. The problem is christmas where the factory basically closes down so it that occurs he mentioned the earliest would be mid Jan. Check with dealer,I was told there is batch starting on Friday and that is what I was offered originally.
Guest mklee2 Guests Posted 20/11/03 05:33 AM Posted 20/11/03 05:33 AM Thanks, will check today whats happening and keep you guys and girls postedHappy driving with your new XR6
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/11/03 07:54 AM Author Posted 21/11/03 07:54 AM Well guys and gals just got the news that I can pick up my baby on Tuesday. 4 more sleeps I know I can't complain cause I got it so quickly but how did you guys get through the last days of waiting? it will be torture.
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 10m Posted 21/11/03 08:11 AM Posted 21/11/03 08:11 AM First I was told I would be getting a Jan 04 build with a late Jan early Feb deliveryFirstly, hi to all. I've been reading the posts on this great site for a couple of months but this is my first post. I recently placed my order for a blueprint manual sedan through the fleet manager at work. His feedback from the Ford Dealer - Thomson Ford in Sydney - was that delivery should be before the end of December but if it wasn't then it would be sometine in Feb'04 because the factory closes for all of Jan! Is that right? Has anyone heard of the factory closing down for the whole month of Jan? Also, has anyone had any dealings with Thomson Ford in Parramatta that they care to share? Thanks heaps! Dave,First off welcome to the forum - it's good to see another bike rider on site (Ducati ST2), a mate has a Kawka ZX9R and it's a good thing, he is after the yet to be realesed 10 next year - I placed my order for the Turbster (that's what the kids call her) first week of December '02. Got the car first week of April '03.Yes January is a write off.Do what I did, chew your nails, go to the beach and drink heaps of beer.
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 20d Location: Adelaide Posted 21/11/03 08:27 AM Posted 21/11/03 08:27 AM wow..that's some wait...but remember u ordered it only a few months after it was released....backorders must have been massive to have that kinda wait time! OMG!
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 10m Posted 21/11/03 08:31 AM Posted 21/11/03 08:31 AM Yes it was a lot of beer down the gullet.
dave_zx9r Member 6 Member For: 23y 8d Location: Sydney Posted 23/11/03 10:45 PM Posted 23/11/03 10:45 PM First off welcome to the forum - it's good to see another bike rider on site (Ducati ST2), a mate has a Kawka ZX9R and it's a good thing, he is after the yet to be realesed 10 next year - I placed my order for the Turbster (that's what the kids call her) first week of December '02. Got the car first week of April '03. Thanks AMoffat, I've resigned myself to a long wait for the T. I'll have to get out on the bike a few times to compensate - Oxley Hwy this weekend with a doz or so like-minded individuals. Cheers.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 24/11/03 05:36 AM Posted 24/11/03 05:36 AM 4 more sleeps I know I can't complain cause I got it so quickly but how did you guys get through the last days of waiting? it will be torture.I find myself struggling to contain my rage at your use of the :o smiley when you talk about 4 more sleeps ...4 MORE SLEEPS! 4 MORE SLEEPS!! I waited 4 months! Some waited longer! Some are in the middle of an extremely long wait and you bleat about ...4 MORE SLEEPS!!!... breath now, in ... out ... in ... ok, little sip of Doctor Johnnies magic red medicine .... ah, that's better. Enjoy your car, and I do hope you get some sleep in the next couple of days ... :o
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/11/03 12:49 PM Author Posted 24/11/03 12:49 PM 4 more sleeps I know I can't complain cause I got it so quickly but how did you guys get through the last days of waiting? it will be torture.I find myself struggling to contain my rage at your use of the smiley when you talk about 4 more sleeps ...4 MORE SLEEPS! 4 MORE SLEEPS!! I waited 4 months! Some waited longer! Some are in the middle of an extremely long wait and you bleat about ...4 MORE SLEEPS!!!... breath now, in ... out ... in ... ok, little sip of Doctor Johnnies magic red medicine .... ah, that's better. Enjoy your car, and I do hope you get some sleep in the next couple of days ... Welcome back Ken and thanks for putting the Mozz on me. The car was to be delivered tomorrow (Tuesday) and the dealer called today to tell me that for some reason they were only starting pre delivery today and the earliest it will be ready will be Saturday morning Five more sleeps from now. It must have been that old HgAg jedi mind melt trick.See if I had of taken your advise and ordered a HgAg instead of Phantom, the Karma police would have been much nicer to me I'm sure.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now