KWIK F6 Legacy Donating Member 526 Member For: 17y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 14/06/11 12:36 PM Posted 14/06/11 12:36 PM fair call...you running a trans cooler at all BOSCO?
Ray076 Member 64 Member For: 17y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: NQLD Posted 15/06/11 12:56 AM Posted 15/06/11 12:56 AM Transmax z for me and have had nil probs so far. I quite like it. Works well in my opinion.
A300srt8 Member 507 Member For: 21y 9m 3d Posted 16/06/11 12:18 PM Posted 16/06/11 12:18 PM fair call...you running a trans cooler at all BOSCO?I have a B&M just need to get the hoses
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 19d Posted 20/06/11 02:09 AM Posted 20/06/11 02:09 AM Spoke with a mate that works for Bursons, another alternative that he was recently informed of was using a Nulon Synth with Lubegard Platinum additive.Lubegard have a chart (doesn't include Aus model cars) which states the factory fluid, and replacement fluid + suitable additive required, as well as the car and transmission type.Only problem I see, is various cars running the 6HP26, are using slightly different fluids.I don't like the idea of running something that's obviously not suited (hence why it needs an additive).Just though I'd post it up as a reference anyway thoughhttp://www.lubegard.com/~/C-113/LUBEGARD+Platinum+Universal+ATF+Protectanthttp://www.lubegard.com/pdfs/downloads/LubegardATFConversionBook.pdf
GinjaNinja Member 125 Member For: 17y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: SEQ Posted 20/06/11 04:22 AM Posted 20/06/11 04:22 AM Gulf Western sounds like an alternative, time will tellBut stay away from Nulon and Penrite, especially Penrite as I've had trans flare issues when I used its SIN ATF
Spoony Member 250 Member For: 15y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/06/11 09:47 PM Posted 23/06/11 09:47 PM Ninja, so what do you have in yours atm? Your saying ran SIN ATF and had flare issues (on shift? 3-4th??) and then flushed it out with replacement and all came good? Genuine $$$ stuff? Transmax Z or SynTran Gulf western? Sounds like you've had what I've got, and a fluid change can possibly be the fix..........so hoping. haha
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Posted 23/06/11 11:51 PM Posted 23/06/11 11:51 PM I had SIN ATF with no problems, gone back to genuine only because that's what s&h auto used
Spoony Member 250 Member For: 15y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/06/11 12:22 AM Posted 24/06/11 12:22 AM Stock car? or How much power? Perhaps this makes the difference, Ie I don't think I'd know any better if my car was stock power, it wouldn't be enough to cause the flare/slip.
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 24/06/11 01:50 AM Posted 24/06/11 01:50 AM (edited) Stock car? or How much power? Perhaps this makes the difference. These are my thought aswell, My BF MK 2 has over 350 rwkw and almost 100,000 klms. I am now wanting to flush the tranny and would like to know for higher hp and torque applications should we be using a better fluid. This is in now way a means of finding a cheaper fluid as I have already been quoted $450.00 for a flush, filter and 10 ltrs of genuine zf lifeguard fluid which is very acceptable. I only use amsoil oils and fluid and really like their product but dont know if I should try their Transmission fluid. Has anyone used the amsoil ATL fluid in a zf? Your thoughts or info would be much appreciated. George Edited 24/06/11 01:51 AM by rednose
Spoony Member 250 Member For: 15y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/06/11 04:19 AM Posted 24/06/11 04:19 AM See my post here$160 + gst (or cash) for 20L, local workshop with a flush machine is flushing it through on monday for $110-$120.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now