Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I cant find the PN anywhere. A 445963-0007 is an 11.80 Psi,445963-0008 is an 8lb and a 445963-0135 is a 6lb??

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Part number comes back to a turbo master TB2028 which is a made under license GT25 ( 709143-0001 core assy) which to me looks to be for a Small turbo diesel (nissan xtrail gets mentioned a fair bit) Where the hell did you get that actuator? It could be 24+ psi if its for a turbo Diesel....

http://www.turbomaster.info/despieces_garrett/711380-0010.php

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

My car is a nizpro stage 2+ car. Recently had my turbo rebuilt by rotor master and had new exhaust housing put on as old one was cracked. So they ported my wastegate at same time as expected. Turbo is now back on car bit I'm having massive overboost issues.

Tune commands 17.5psi, buts it's going 24+. If I kept my foot into it I believe it would keep going.

What could be the issue? They told me the new wastegate should flow better than the last one. So why is it now overboosting?

I didn't think in this instance a retune of the wastegate duty cycle was needed.

Any input welcome. Thanks guys.

Did nizpro originally modify your turbo, because to stop over boosting they would bore out the exhaust housing giving more clearance to the turbine wheel.

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 20d
Posted

Yes nizpro originally did my turbo. But it now has a new exhaust housing. And was ported again with new flapper.

Is that what u mean?

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

No, the new exhaust housing could be the problem as the clearance between the turbine wheel and the housing with be stock now and not bored out. Does you car now appear to come on boost earlier and harder. If this is the case the car just needs to be retuned.

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 20d
Posted

Comes on boost instant. No lag. It's scary. Even running off spring pressure is makes 24psi at like 3500rpm. Before I back off. It's worse when I run off boost solenoid.

For it to be that bad off spring pressure Im guessing it's a mechanical fault.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Carrum, VIC
Posted

ah I dunno, they fkd up and gave me the wrong one.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km
Posted (edited)

I just put anew exhaust housing on my ba and its overboosting like crazy even on the standard tune

im going to bypass the wastegate solenoid and see if it only makes standard boost but im thinking ill have to pull off the turbo again.I also fitted a new standard actuator from ford.I rang ford today and they said they got the new actuator off another company because ford doesnt sell them seperately.They are getting back to me tomorrow to see if they have supplied me with the correct actuator.Its a sh*t fight for sure :crybaby:

Coupled with this crap with the xcal 1, makes me wanna sell the car.

Edited by simmo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...