Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/05/11 10:10 AM Posted 22/05/11 10:10 AM Don't let it worry ya, they all come around eventually. I.e. look at what Dillz is driving now Nah they're still boring...
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 22/05/11 10:36 AM Author Posted 22/05/11 10:36 AM (edited) to be honest Henz, I had a pretty loud pedal most of the time, lol. But, I did think it was still pretty punchy until really on song. I get where you're coming from though - short shift to load up the blower. It just does something to the senses that the turbo can't deliver - even just cruising. Edited 22/05/11 10:37 AM by bomber
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 22/05/11 11:37 AM Posted 22/05/11 11:37 AM What is the hidden potential of these bad boys? If they are getting henz excited enough to drive with a tampon in there must be somethin else in there. Get the ute and put a tray on it
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 22/05/11 11:00 PM Posted 22/05/11 11:00 PM Close to 400rwkw exhaust and tune is helping sway me too. Especially with some of the big guys already making kits for them ( a few that are keeping there R&D hush hush)Honestly, the fg utes don't look anywhere near as tough as the b series either.
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 23/05/11 01:40 AM Posted 23/05/11 01:40 AM They look sexier.
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 23/05/11 01:55 AM Author Posted 23/05/11 01:55 AM I was at RDP's dyno day a couple of months back and Lee's own GS auto sedan ran over 500rwhp with just a tune and x-force zorst. He has since added a water-to-air cooler and new headers, although the headers did fark all (3rwhp) so strike them off the mod list. Car is now making 538rwhp and has run 11.50 @ 121mph.So the maths tells me, GS sedan auto at 52k driveaway + $1500 for an x-force, about the same for xcal and tune = 500rwhp all day. F6 on the other hand, and yes it's a real FPV, but 60+ driveaway and 3k - 5k ish to get that power and left with an uninspiring cessna note out the zorst (harsh I know). You can see why, and not just us 'old farts' reminiscing about the old school V8 days - in my case my chev powered HQ Monaro - have got these on the radar. The base T is cheaper but can't make these numbers without bigger turbo, etc. So IMO, especially now that the prices have dropped, we have a new bang for buck winner.
Howsee Legacy Donating Member 785 Member For: 18y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Carindale, Brisbane Posted 04/06/11 11:43 AM Posted 04/06/11 11:43 AM AGREED!!!
SAPNEN Legacy Donating Member 278 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Posted 18/06/11 12:09 AM Posted 18/06/11 12:09 AM Totally! Have been seriously considering stripping the go fast bits off my BF ute, selling and upgrading to a GS.Differences in engine between GS and GT? Anyone? I think wheels magazine said something about GS running 0.34 BAR Boost and GT running 0.4 BAR
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 12d Gender: Male Posted 18/06/11 02:00 AM Posted 18/06/11 02:00 AM nice cars, an I have no doubt they make the said power, but I just find it hard to believe they do, I have raced a couple on the strip bith had more than 100+ rwkw more than my car and neither were any quicker.... I notice their power curve does not fall off like the turbo's, is it of any benefit then to do diff gears and increase the redline on these things to keep them on the boilas impressive as low 11's are 400+ rwkw should be getting you that towing a trailer, or are the turbos as quick with less power as the midrange is super fat? I know short shifting mine @ 3500rpm and keeping it there its faster than a stock ve ss LOLdo take my post as bagging them out, im certain if the 6 dies my next car is a GT-E if they still make them in a few years time
bunna Legacy Donating Member 813 Member For: 20y 1m 3d Posted 28/06/11 08:42 AM Posted 28/06/11 08:42 AM nice cars, an I have no doubt they make the said power, but I just find it hard to believe they doProfound
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now