61AKE Legacy Donating Member 19 Member For: 16y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Australia Posted 04/05/11 06:47 AM Posted 04/05/11 06:47 AM (edited) Hi Guys,I have had my F6 sedan for 6 months now and I am ready for a few small mods. I want to start with some simple stuff to start and I am wondering if you guys might know a good place to start. Most people I have spoken to have suggested starting with a zorst and Flash Tuner, but I am unsure. Any feedback would be great. I would also like to do a bit of suspension work as well. I am located in Melbourne.Cheers.. Edited 04/05/11 06:51 AM by 61AKE
SMURF6 Jamie Legacy Donating Member 380 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Maroubra, Sydney, NSW Posted 04/05/11 06:52 AM Posted 04/05/11 06:52 AM Change your oil pump for a billet. Save you 20g later on like I copt
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 20d Gender: Male Posted 04/05/11 07:20 AM Posted 04/05/11 07:20 AM you need to wander on over to Pitlane and have a word to themand exhaust and tune is still going to make it pretty speedy
Snapper Legacy Donating Member 320 Member For: 15y 5m 17d Gender: Male Posted 04/05/11 07:31 AM Posted 04/05/11 07:31 AM The question is how fast you want to go? How much coin you have to spend?Exhaust tune injectors and cooler plus cooler pipes maybe vavle springs the basics
will-82 Member 427 Member For: 21y 8m 20d Location: sydney Posted 05/05/11 12:37 AM Posted 05/05/11 12:37 AM If it was my car I'd start with the safety things 1st So atomic oil pump, surge tank and up grade the brake pads. While not vital to power or 100% needed right now, will give you piece of mindThen do the exhaust and a tune, till you get itchy again
SMURF6 Jamie Legacy Donating Member 380 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Maroubra, Sydney, NSW Posted 05/05/11 01:04 AM Posted 05/05/11 01:04 AM Exactly. I did an exhaust and tune and only 10,000km old blew my motor. Wish I had done the oil pump. After that I did the atomic motor with surge tank and bigger cooler. It was all for safety purposes. Ended up with 435rwkw lol
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 05/05/11 01:23 AM Posted 05/05/11 01:23 AM Smurfy you have really had a run of bad luck. Touch wood my pump lasts.How much power were you running when your pump went?
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/05/11 03:09 AM Posted 05/05/11 03:09 AM There are heaps of people running over 300 on stock pump and no surge tank. Full exhaust, cooler pipes and tune would be my bet for an FG F6
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/05/11 09:24 AM Posted 05/05/11 09:24 AM how much do you want to spend firstly?how common is this oil pump fail business?
omie_747 Member 46 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Posted 05/05/11 09:33 AM Posted 05/05/11 09:33 AM Where did you get the oil pump from SMURF6? could you point us in the right direction?cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now