aza_w64 Member 46 Member For: 13y 6m Gender: Male Location: Dandenong Posted 17/04/13 09:35 AM Posted 17/04/13 09:35 AM hell yeah they are worth it! Had it in my previous car deadening the entire boot lid & spare wheel area. Got mine for $50 per roll at freeway car audio dandenong. But as J@SNOT said ebay will yield the better price no doubt!
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 17/04/13 09:47 AM Posted 17/04/13 09:47 AM Best thing since sliced bread :sungum:
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 14d Posted 17/04/13 10:14 AM Posted 17/04/13 10:14 AM I have it in the FG ute, all behind the seats across under the back window and now in both doors, makes them sound solid and definately reduces road noise and improves, doors now sound solid when they close. If I had more money and time I would do the rest of the ute for some extra noise reduction. Well worth the cost, I split a full pack with another mate of mine who has a ute and it was cheap off ebay
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 7d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 17/04/13 10:31 AM Posted 17/04/13 10:31 AM I want to get some also. If and when I get some I'll do it myself just need a good plastic roller and a lot of time.Maybe a group buy Ralphy. Would it be cheap to buy it from the States?
knoles Legacy Donating Member 390 Member For: 15y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Port Hedland Posted 17/04/13 11:00 PM Posted 17/04/13 11:00 PM (edited) Dynamat will reduce the outside sound a bit, but if that's your main goal there are better products out there. Dynamat is mainly to lower the resonant frequency of the part your applying it to hence being put on large sheet metal sections. I got and used 2 full bulk packs on my sedan and could have easily used another. The cheapest place to get it is to search "dynamat bulk" on ebay.com (the yanky site, not aussie) and just organise price and postage lowest first. You need a good roller as the free ones they chuck in are sh*t normally. There are cheaper alternatives you can use but they are an inferior product, pretty much you get what you pay for. Have a search around the MEA & DIYMA forums and you'll find heaps of good info on sound deadening and insulating.Actually I lied 2 sellers in australia are now selling the bulk packs for 190 shipped, bargain! Less than I payed Edited 17/04/13 11:03 PM by knoles
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 17/04/13 11:39 PM Posted 17/04/13 11:39 PM My car is on day two of install, getting the roof, the floor, the boot, the firewwall,the inside and outside of the doors done hopefully will be finished in a couple of hours.....
Hotwire Legacy Donating Member 172 Member For: 17y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 17/04/13 11:40 PM Posted 17/04/13 11:40 PM Knolesdo you have any photo's of where you installed it? I'm going to be doing this to reduce road noise as I have some weird vibration/resonant frequency thing going on which I haven't seem to eliminated - so thinking this will help.I was planning to cover the holes / half of inner door frame, some patches on the outer skin, the parcel shelf and line the spare wheel well. Any other spots to help reduce road noise? do I need to lift the carpet and cover some of the floor pan or is factory deadening ok in this area?Also, I'll be using Resomat from Trufit carpets as I can get a 3.5sqm pack for $140 + delivery at the moment. 1
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 21d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 18/04/13 12:05 AM Posted 18/04/13 12:05 AM KGO!Thread McMerged...
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/04/13 12:25 AM Posted 18/04/13 12:25 AM Knolesdo you have any photo's of where you installed it? I'm going to be doing this to reduce road noise as I have some weird vibration/resonant frequency thing going on which I haven't seem to eliminated - so thinking this will help.I was planning to cover the holes / half of inner door frame, some patches on the outer skin, the parcel shelf and line the spare wheel well. Any other spots to help reduce road noise? do I need to lift the carpet and cover some of the floor pan or is factory deadening ok in this area?Also, I'll be using Resomat from Trufit carpets as I can get a 3.5sqm pack for $140 + delivery at the moment.Trufit reckon they can do special pricing for bulk orders................?
Hotwire Legacy Donating Member 172 Member For: 17y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 18/04/13 12:52 AM Posted 18/04/13 12:52 AM Well that price is -25% off RRP via a group buy on club.liberty forum (mrs has a liberty)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now